Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 151,075 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 18, 2024, 11:00:01 AMAfter being tricked into buying a ticket for Prometheus, I vowed: never again.

Honestly I can't blame you.

Immortan Jonesy

Prometheus had a good marketing campaign, plus Ridley Scott's return to the genre was the cherry on top. :laugh:

SiL

SiL

Prometheus had some fantastic trailers.

Covenant had some very odd ones.

I'm looking forward to seeing what else Romulus puts out for the marketing.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 18, 2024, 12:23:48 PMPrometheus had a good marketing campaign, plus Ridley Scott's return to the genre was the cherry on top. :laugh:

I think to some it has become the opposite affect now. Ridley's name on a new alien project brings dread.  :laugh:

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 18, 2024, 03:15:14 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 18, 2024, 12:23:48 PMPrometheus had a good marketing campaign, plus Ridley Scott's return to the genre was the cherry on top. :laugh:

I think to some it has become the opposite affect now. Ridley's name on a new alien project brings dread.  :laugh:

The man is a legend!😅👍

Edit 🙏☯️🌙

~ By Earth and Air,

Fire and Water,

So shall you hear my call.

Powers of birth and rebirth.

Powers of silence and peace.

Heal this thread and site ~

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: SiL on May 18, 2024, 10:13:25 AM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 17, 2024, 04:39:10 PM
Quote from: SiL on May 17, 2024, 03:36:48 AMAh, we're at the "just watch the film regardless of whether the advertising does its job convincing you" stage of the pre-release cycle.

But... the advertising so far *HAS* done its job in convincing me to watch it... it's one of the reasons I'm personally riding the hype train. 😅
For you.

Not necessarily for others.

That's the point. If others decide they don't want to watch it, then they don't need to watch it.
So then go watch Alien and Aliens for 1000000 times more and stop crying about everything about Romulus 

The Cruentus

Quote from: aliens13 on May 18, 2024, 04:46:50 PM
Quote from: SiL on May 17, 2024, 03:36:48 AMAh, we're at the "just watch the film regardless of whether the advertising does its job convincing you" stage of the pre-release cycle.

But... the advertising so far *HAS* done its job in convincing me to watch it... it's one of the reasons I'm personally riding the hype train. 😅
For you.

That's the point. If others decide they don't want to watch it, then they don't need to watch it.
So then go watch Alien and Aliens for 1000000 times more and stop crying about everything about Romulus 

Was that necessary?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 18, 2024, 04:55:51 PM

For you.

Was that necessary?

Lol I think not. We're on a forum discussing everything, from past films to upcoming ones, toys, novels, games etc... It's expected to have different opinions, from enthusiastic to skeptical and wary.

The Cruentus

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 18, 2024, 05:10:44 PM

For you.

Was that necessary?

Lol I think not. We're on a forum discussing everything, from past films to upcoming ones, toys, novels, games etc... It's expected to have different opinions, from enthusiastic to skeptical and wary.

lol oh I know it wasn't, just putting him on the spot for being uncivil.

And agreed, different views shouldn't be an issue. We all have a right to our opinions, being praise or criticism of the franchise.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 18, 2024, 10:49:03 AMI'm fully expecting that...

Spoiler
...not only will an AI deepfake Ian Holm be in it, but also that he'll say "perfect organism" or "you have my sympathies" at some point, which will fully enshrine this movie in the annals of shitty midquel history.
[close]

Spoiler
Will it look worse than that fake head Parker torched ?
[close]

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 18, 2024, 11:49:31 AM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on May 18, 2024, 11:32:50 AMGreat. Point made. Can we move on now?

I read that in Newt's voice.

Same

He lived long enough to become the villain

Acid_Reign161

Soo, back to the Romulus theories;

Lots of talk about the xeno head, but what are predictions for its body design? I imagine it's going to dominantly be inspired by big chap (not as slender as later iterations, more biomechanical) but a slightly greater ratio of bio to mechanical... like, using a photo blend app, 75% big chap, 25% Covenant xeno... but I can't figure if Fede is likely to roll with the classic body shape throughout (for legs) or roll with inspiration from Stompy (since the movie is clearly incorporating a lot of visual cues from Alien 3 when it comes to the creatures, and also nods to Isolation).

Thoughts /opinions?

(Any intel @Mike's Monsters?) 😃

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 18, 2024, 05:18:28 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 18, 2024, 05:10:44 PM

For you.

Was that necessary?

lol oh I know it wasn't, just putting him on the spot for being uncivil.

And agreed, different views shouldn't be an issue. We all have a right to our opinions, being praise or criticism of the franchise.
I apologise with everyone here for that, specially @SiL. I shouldn't have said that

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 18, 2024, 08:00:03 PMSoo, back to the Romulus theories;

Lots of talk about the xeno head, but what are predictions for its body design? I imagine it's going to dominantly be inspired by big chap (not as slender as later iterations, more biomechanical) but a slightly greater ratio of bio to mechanical... like, using a photo blend app, 75% big chap, 25% Covenant xeno... but I can't figure if Fede is likely to roll with the classic body shape throughout (for legs) or roll with inspiration from Stompy (since the movie is clearly incorporating a lot of visual cues from Alien 3 when it comes to the creatures, and also nods to Isolation).

Thoughts /opinions?

(Any intel @Mike's Monsters?) 😃

Something in between Big Chap and Stompy maybe? It will have some things of Covenant's Alien for sure, being a little fleshy to besides biomechanical

SiL

SiL

I'm hoping the body is more biomechanical than we've had the last 27 years. The head is giving me hope in that regard.

Immortan Jonesy

I know you must be thinking "space is fat ass big!🍑👀👉👈🌌that's magic✨️🌈It's all too convenient and dumb" :'(👎

but it may be unnecessary and well executed fanservice @la Rogué One :o🙏

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed