Why Alien: Romulus pits the Xenomorph against a younger crew

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 03, 2024, 05:18:28 PM

Author
Why Alien: Romulus pits the Xenomorph against a younger crew (Read 13,979 times)

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Jaws the Revenge on May 16, 2024, 11:09:44 AMThat 10 inch figure is bizarre. Who was this lonely 10 inch weirdo meant to play with? May the 1996  12 inch Hicks vs Alien Weirdo Warrior from Kenner could be friends.

Interesting that you mention those toys, as whilst I posted the Alien Resurrection 10" Warrior Drone for the semi-partitioned head dome design, I'd forgotten that the xeno in the Aliens vs Predator set (from the 12" range) also has the sort of spike at the top of the frontal dome that @Mike's Monsters mentioned is seen in Romulus 😃

I wonder if Fede perhaps was inspired in part by the Kenner/Hasbro toys. 😊

Mike’s Monsters

Ha! Cool figure! The new design isn't that stylized and the "spike" isn't even that prominent really.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 16, 2024, 04:46:23 PMHa! Cool figure! The new design isn't that stylized and the "spike" isn't even that prominent really.

Ahh, gotcha 😁👍 loving the nostalgia the Romulus head speculation is bringing to mind when thinking if the old toys though; I really can't wait to see the new alien in full... spent so much time focusing on the head I haven't considered the body design yet... more big chap? Stompy? Maybe a half way between one of those and the Covenant xeno (fleshy/biomechanical mix).. damnit I want to go into cryo sleep until August 16th 🤣

Sabres21768

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 16, 2024, 04:46:23 PMHa! Cool figure! The new design isn't that stylized and the "spike" isn't even that prominent really.
I'm sorry...did you say "spike"?

SiL

He's already mentioned it comes to a peak at the back of the frontal lobe.

Sabres21768

Quote from: SiL on May 17, 2024, 07:33:55 AMHe's already mentioned it comes to a peak at the back of the frontal lobe.
Wow, I missed that.

SiL

Quote from: Sabres21768 on May 17, 2024, 07:36:16 AM
Quote from: SiL on May 17, 2024, 07:33:55 AMHe's already mentioned it comes to a peak at the back of the frontal lobe.
Wow, I missed that.
Shit moves quick.

If you missed it, there's also subtle ribbing on that section as well.

Serpico Jones

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on May 03, 2024, 08:25:22 PMI'm starting to think this movie is going to be nothing more than derivative nostalgia-bait memberberries.
Call-backs are just as suspension of disbelief breaking and bad special effects.

Remember that at the end of the day this is a Disney movie. All they do is sequels and rehashes.

SiL

It's a 20th Century Studios movie.

Nightmare Asylum

And one that started internally as a pitch at Scott Free even before the Disney acquisition of Fox, at that.

Feeds On Minds

Disney or no Disney; all Hollywood is capable of these days is lazy memberberries.

Nightmare Asylum

I dunno, watch more movies that aren't part of franchises then? There's lots of great original stuff out there that goes totally unseen by people that would rather spend their time online saying there's nothing new or original being made, which in turn just convinces the studios that nobody wants anything new or interesting.

Check out Challengers, it's a blast!

SiL

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on May 23, 2024, 09:53:28 PMDisney or no Disney; all Hollywood is capable of these days is lazy memberberries.
That's not true at all. That's just most of what makes it to cinema because that's usually the most profitable.

I don't think the general public had memberberries for freakin' Oppenheimer.

Feeds On Minds

Quote from: SiL on May 23, 2024, 10:11:21 PM
Quote from: Feeds On Minds on May 23, 2024, 09:53:28 PMDisney or no Disney; all Hollywood is capable of these days is lazy memberberries.
That's not true at all. That's just most of what makes it to cinema because that's usually the most profitable.

I don't think the general public had memberberries for freakin' Oppenheimer.

Oppenheimer wasn't a sequel to anything...

SiL

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on May 23, 2024, 10:13:07 PMOppenheimer wasn't a sequel to anything...
... yes, that's precisely the point. It was a Hollywood movie that wasn't built on lazy memberberries.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed