Could have been better. (2/5)
61 (13.3%)
Didn't like it. (1/5)
32 (7%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 457

Author
Alien Covenant Fan Reviews (Read 287,995 times)

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

The pyramids on LV-223 are most definitely older than 2000 years.

The carbon dater Elizabeth used showed how old the decapitated Engineer was at the time of death.

Quote2000 years, give or take

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: GrimmVision on May 16, 2024, 11:40:01 AMThe pyramids on LV-223 are most definitely older than 2000 years.

The carbon dater Elizabeth used showed how old the decapitated Engineer was at the time of death.

Quote2000 years, give or take

I mean, I was just taking the piss, but to answer that.. if the silos with a large skull on top of them (presumably signifying death) were producing goo to drop on whoever (as we assume humans had not yet pissed them off at the times they were visiting our ancient civilisations and pointing to the stars) then why point us there specifically? This is like us playing god, creating primitive Replicants and letting them develop on their own world, visiting and guiding them, but instead of showing them a map to say "we're from Earth", it's "heres our secret nuclear launch pads on Mars that we're currently using against the UPP, cool huh?" 🤣 I mean if the pyramids on LV-223 weren't specifically built to wipe out humanity, then why point us there at a time we are presumably friendly? 😂 (also, it is amusing that when the Prometheus lands it just happens to be in the right location "hey look, straight roads and several pyramids, where an outbreak just happened to happen 2 centuries ago, right in front of us" again; it's like Extra terrestrials landing on our moon, opening the door right in front of the American flag. 🤣 In 'Alien', Nostromo is homing in on the derelicts warning beacon... the Prometheus just apparently landed on the correct geographic location out of every possible location they could have chosen on an entire planet. 😅

Kradan

Kradan

Engineers' facility alarms should sound as elephants' screams

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 16, 2024, 10:11:14 AMI mean, in fairness, there is the fact that all of the paintings point to LV-223's system and not their homeworld... at a time before the engineers decided to wipe us out, so presumably there'd be nothing there at the time they were doing so / no biological weapon facility. 🤣 Like "civilisations of Earth, here is a random uninhabitable planet... one day, if you piss us off, we *may* develop weapons there to wipe you out..just wanted to pre-emptively show you."

*Romans crucify Engineer Jesus*

Engineers: "Right, we warned the f**kers - didn't we tell them?" "Several times." "Right, build the goo factory" 😠

Engineer Jeff, (first week on job): "Sir, I dropped a vase." "Did you clean it up?" "Yes sir!" *holds up yellow mop* "Really!? Are you f**king shitting me!? Come here *opens folder and pulls out file* Is this your signature?? Cause this looks like your signature to say you watched and understood the training hologram on cross contamination." "Yes sir" "and what colour mop do we use in the head room??" "..." "..the BLUE mop!! How many f**king times Jeff!??" "My bad Sir..I'll..urgh..-ack!!" *clutches chest as Neomorph pops* "Here we f**king go... *picks up flute and sounds the alarm* trunk masks on, everyone." 🙄

~ 2 centuries later ~

Shaw: "it's an invitation!!!" 🤩
It's very stupid if you think about it, why the paintings points to LV-223. I didn't read it completely but I think that the Spaihts script was much better than the "improved" scrip of Lindelof

SM

SM

The take I like is that the Engineers aren't homogeneous. Humanity was slated to be wiped out, and some of the Engineers didn't want that. They pointed humans to LV-223, to try and get them to progress, and when the ship was due to fly to Earth with the goo, an Engineer let it loose on the other instead (what we see in the holograms) to stop them. The Engineer that let it loose subsequently travelled to Earth again over the centuries to continue encouraging development so humanity could 'come and find them'.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: SM on May 16, 2024, 10:30:05 PMThe take I like is that the Engineers aren't homogeneous. Humanity was slated to be wiped out, and some of the Engineers didn't want that. They pointed humans to LV-223, to try and get them to progress, and when the ship was due to fly to Earth with the goo, an Engineer let it loose on the other instead (what we see in the holograms) to stop them. The Engineer that let it loose subsequently travelled to Earth again over the centuries to continue encouraging development so humanity could 'come and find them'.

I'd be down to support that explanation actually; we see cloak-wearing Engineers in the opening scenes without biomechanical augments to their bodies, travelling in a saucer shaped ship. The Engineers seen in Covenant that David bombs with pathogen also resemble this 'faction' more (could also explain lack of biomechanical architecture on the planet too).

And whilst I hate to reference it for anything, as it was at least *considered* to be canon by the studio at some point, Aliens: Colonial Marines featured nods to Prometheus (the pups scanning the derelict) and a hologram activated from the Jockey chair shows it was in a battle with a saucer shaped ship... yeah, I'm happy to accept that theory as plausible! 😊👍

(For what it's worth, I'd always considered the possibility that those seen in Covenant, weren't  Engineers, but instead were another seeded world like Earth created by the Engineers, hence their gathering at the Juggernaut appearing, the same way ancient civilizations on Earth may have when they were visited.. the tech left there and biomechanical places of worship perhaps being left to them, being the preferred creation (a people that didn't rebel or get too big for their boots like we did), instead respecting their "gods".

SM

SM

The 'saucer ship' in A:CM was the round pilot chamber and chair.  Flying in space.  Going pew pew. At a Derelict flying backwards.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: SM on May 16, 2024, 11:06:57 PMThe 'saucer ship' in A:CM was the round pilot chamber and chair.  Flying in space.  Going pew pew. At a Derelict flying backwards.

I played it through once at launch, before promptly moving into multiplayer...so my memory of that one is hazy at best... 🤣

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

SM

SM

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 17, 2024, 12:06:50 AM
Quote from: SM on May 16, 2024, 11:06:57 PMThe 'saucer ship' in A:CM was the round pilot chamber and chair.  Flying in space.  Going pew pew. At a Derelict flying backwards.

I played it through once at launch, before promptly moving into multiplayer...so my memory of that one is hazy at best... 🤣

Most fortunate.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 17, 2024, 12:24:10 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 17, 2024, 12:10:44 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAj3ziUiOwA

I think I preferred it when I was misremembering it.. 🤣
I prefer misremembering the whole game 😂 damn, I remembered the other day how excited I was when the first teaser came up. Those were hard days to all of us Alien fans

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed