Aliens Expanded - A New Aliens Documentary Announced

Started by Darkness, Apr 26, 2022, 08:03:14 PM

Author
Aliens Expanded - A New Aliens Documentary Announced (Read 43,431 times)

Yuppy

I'm assuming this is not a "hey lets all get together for a drink" type of documentary.

Mike’s Monsters

They also said you wouldn't be able to order it again after the crowd funding was done in 2022, and yet, we were able to order it til a few days ago. They'll definitely have it on some streaming service in a few years or so. They like their profits, and they'll definitely want to rake in more by licensing it out to a service.

SiL

I don't even know why they'd lie about  that. Preorder to get your name on the credits and an early copy. Don't want to pay? Wait till it ends up on steaming in a few years.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on May 14, 2024, 10:02:51 PMI don't even know why they'd lie about  that. Preorder to get your name on the credits and an early copy. Don't want to pay? Wait till it ends up on steaming in a few years.
FOMO, that's why. Want to watch it at all, the ONLY WAY* to do so is to buy in right now!!

*note - this may not be the only way

Neila

I wasn't completely up to date on the matter.
I thought all along that you could pre-order it for the prices listed if you wanted to be mentioned in the credits, etc.

I assumed that at some point it would be available for everyone to purchase without being credited and at a normal price.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Neila on May 15, 2024, 06:15:30 AMI wasn't completely up to date on the matter.
I thought all along that you could pre-order it for the prices listed if you wanted to be mentioned in the credits, etc.

I assumed that at some point it would be available for everyone to purchase without being credited and at a normal price.
That's how their other documentaries played out, I know because I own several.

According to the CEO that's not the case with this one. Unless he's a liar preying on false FOMO, of course.

xShadowFoxX

Hey, if there's money in it, they're going to do it.

Neila

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 15, 2024, 03:24:02 PM
Quote from: Neila on May 15, 2024, 06:15:30 AMI wasn't completely up to date on the matter.

According to the CEO that's not the case with this one. Unless he's a liar preying on false FOMO, of course.

I wonder what the motivation is for this. I mean, wouldn't it be more lucrative from a financial point of view to sell it officially instead of just catering to exclusive buyers?

Maybe they've already made enough money from the pre-orders to finance everything, I don't know.

The alien documentary memory was also available for everyone to buy.
However, I don't know whether there were exclusive versions beforehand.

xShadowFoxX

I deleted my response because I was like.. wait.. now I lost my train of thought..

Sh*t.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Neila on May 16, 2024, 08:11:36 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 15, 2024, 03:24:02 PM

I wonder what the motivation is for this. I mean, wouldn't it be more lucrative from a financial point of view to sell it officially instead of just catering to exclusive buyers?

Maybe they've already made enough money from the pre-orders to finance everything, I don't know.

The alien documentary memory was also available for everyone to buy.
However, I don't know whether there were exclusive versions beforehand.
Okay, I'm back on track. If I had to guess, it's to gauge the value of the documentary, to give it that limited run would make it this sort of a novelty for the True Fans who contribute or buy into it, which is weird because it's a fan production. That's how I'm reading it tho

xShadowFoxX

I doubt that they won't release it on streaming eventually when the opportunity arises.

SM

Memory has been available on streaming in Australia for a couple of years. And wasn't terribly comprehensive.

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: SM on May 16, 2024, 12:41:21 PMMemory has been available on streaming in Australia for a couple of years. And wasn't terribly comprehensive.
Memory was a weird one. Like, I was invested for the first third of the film and then it derailed and became weird for the rest of the runtime.

SM

It was alright, but it was very much 'Alien According to Dan O'Bannon'.  Without Giler and Hill involved (and with Diane O'Bannon as an EP that was never going to happen) it was always only going to be only part of the story.

Corporal Hicks

I remember Memory being okay. I enjoyed it well enough at the time. I've only watched it twice or so, though. As SM points out, it was very much from Dan's POV, and I did actually enjoy seeing that. I appreciated the whole Memory refresher too. I don't remember that being very well dented into my memory prior to release.

I think it was the analysis stuff where it did get a little dicey. Some of it was interesting, some of it was just "wot?"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed