Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 145,644 times)

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: razeak on May 15, 2024, 02:52:38 AMForgive me for the novel. I'm restless with insomnia.

I feel you; 4am here and I'm still sitting pressing refresh every minute for new topic comments 🤣 ( @Corporal Hicks can we please have an AvPGalaxy mobile app with push notifications? 😂)

razeak

razeak

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 15, 2024, 03:03:33 AM
Quote from: razeak on May 15, 2024, 02:52:38 AMForgive me for the novel. I'm restless with insomnia.

I feel you; 4am here and I'm still sitting pressing refresh every minute for new topic comments 🤣 ( @Corporal Hicks can we please have an AvPGalaxy mobile app with push notifications? 😂)
bro...that has been many late nights for me

Local Trouble

Quote from: razeak on May 15, 2024, 03:10:19 AM

Because of all the late-night phone calls from Mothman?

razeak

razeak

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 15, 2024, 03:17:19 AM
Quote from: razeak on May 15, 2024, 03:10:19 AM

Because of all the late-night phone calls from Mothman?
even he goes to bed by 3 A.M.  also, locals keep giving the statue tramp stamp temporary tattoos. The statue is thick. Lmao.

Brett should have decided to get out as soon as he saw the shed skin. Not that it would have mattered.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: GrimmVision on May 15, 2024, 01:05:11 AM• Dallas and Lambert insisting on bringing Kane back inside the Nostromo knowing they'd break quarantine guidelines
• The horror trope of splitting up
• Ripley going back for the cat
• The marines not listening to Apone or Gorman and firing their weapons in the area where they rupture the cooling system of the primary heat exchangers
• Ferro and Spunkmeyer keeping the dropship's cargo door open even after knowing several of their platoon just got annihilated by the Aliens
• Not keeping someone on Watch Burke Duty after they they find out he "made a bad call"

There's many an example where dumb decisions are made by characters within these films we love so much. We've just learned to deal with them because nostalgia while Prometheus and Covenant continue to get a bad rap. :P

Watched Aliens on the big screen this week and I realised how kinda dumb the sentry scene plays out. First they get in the roof, then they coulda just came through the vents? Ripley's plan was kinda ass ha ha

Local Trouble

In Ripley's defense, she did try to barricade every possible way in.  She even said they must have missed something that wasn't in the building plans.

So, A for effort?

SiL

SiL

The vents are particularly weird, though. Presumably they were in the plans (Ripley asks for them, doesn't she?) but even if they weren't, it's just ... there, in a fairly high traffic area, and I doubt she forgot about how the Alien was getting around the Nostromo.

Local Trouble

But she specifically said to Hudson "I need to see air ducts, I need to see electrical access tunnels, sub-basements, every possible way into this complex."

Beats me how they missed them though.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 15, 2024, 07:57:51 AMBut she specifically said to Hudson "I need to see air ducts, I need to see electrical access tunnels, sub-basements, every possible way into this complex."

Beats me how they missed them though.
That's what I mean. Suspended ceiling, I can buy missing. The air duct everyone has walked past multiple times - even if it wasn't on a plan - is bizarre.

But then, how many times did we watch the film before it occurred to any us? The first dozen times I was too busy shitting myself.

Local Trouble

Are you talking about the air duct that Newt led them to?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 15, 2024, 08:49:31 AMAre you talking about the air duct that Newt led them to?
Yes, the one that's in the junction between Medical and Operations.

solace97

solace97

Just saw planet of the apes and Alien Romulus teaser trailer played. It was honestly jaw dropping on the big screen and had everyone's attention, heard a lot of positive side conversations afterwards. Hopefully good things to come

BigDaddyJohn

I do fear that characters could be utterly dumb in Romulus, I hope they won't be. But comparing the dumbness of Covenant characters to those of the first movie is a bit strong  :laugh:

Local Trouble

The second I see someone do something dumb or say something straight out of a Joss Whedon script, I'mma go:

BlueMarsalis79

Not leaving a custodial staff on board the Sulaco's by far the dumbest thing in Aliens, and it's the most inexcusable because it had to happen for the overall plot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed