Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 145,181 times)

BigDaddyJohn

I find Prometheus a bit more interesting, but can't say I'm a fan either.

solace97

solace97

Quote from: 426Buddy on May 13, 2024, 11:03:18 AMI would dump Prometheus before Covenant.

Prometheus is better than covenant, covenant is totally off the rails

Ingwar

Ingwar

I prefer Covenant though.

Acid_Reign161

I enjoy Covenant more then Prometheus... and I'm sorry, but there's no universe that Resurrection is better than Covenant. 🤣

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Ingwar on May 14, 2024, 09:20:38 AMI prefer Covenant though.
Quote from: solace97 on May 14, 2024, 08:09:50 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on May 13, 2024, 11:03:18 AMI would dump Prometheus before Covenant.

Prometheus is better than covenant, covenant is totally off the rails

Prometheus doesn't work for me. The only thing it has going is the visuals and David. Watching it is an immensely unsatisfying experience for me.

Covenant I really enjoy. Aside from the David creator plot point and the bland characters, I've always enjoyed it.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 14, 2024, 09:27:41 AMI enjoy Covenant more then Prometheus... and I'm sorry, but there's no universe that Resurrection is better than Covenant. 🤣

Covenant is a decent movie, I have always said so but its what it does to the lore that makes it hard to watch for me personally. That and its reliance on sheer stupidity on the characters part for the plot to move along.

BigDaddyJohn

Plus the predictable slasher elements going on.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 14, 2024, 11:38:12 AM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 14, 2024, 09:27:41 AMI enjoy Covenant more then Prometheus... and I'm sorry, but there's no universe that Resurrection is better than Covenant. 🤣

Covenant is a decent movie, I have always said so but its what it does to the lore that makes it hard to watch for me personally. That and its reliance on sheer stupidity on the characters part for the plot to move along.

Oh, I agree regarding lore (as it currently stands) - but that's why I class 'Alien' and 'Pathogen' as two separate continuities, in the same vein as say 'Halloween 1-6' is separate to 'Halloween - Halloween Ends' (or even 'Alien/Aliens - Dark Horse comics 'Earth War') Pathogen continuity includes Alien Aliens and Alien 3 with Prometheus and Covenant, but for me, Alien Aliens and Alien 3 don't include Prometheus and Covenant (if that makes sense?)

Slutty Badger

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 14, 2024, 11:38:12 AMCovenant is a decent movie, I have always said so but its what it does to the lore that makes it hard to watch for me personally. That and its reliance on sheer stupidity on the characters part for the plot to move along.

Hence "dumbass colonists".

BigDaddyJohn

Dumbass writing.

solace97

solace97

I can't stand covenant, it is very poorly written and they forced two xenomorph s in there for what? The Neomorph already stole the show. And don't even get me started about David creating the Alien and that "thing" that birthed like Jesus Christ. Absolutely comical

BigDaddyJohn

The cliche slasher vibes this movie gives sometimes also bothers me a lot.

- The dumb chick that separates herself from the group DESPITE HER CAPTAIN ADVISING HER NOT TO MINUTES BEFORE, just to get killed by a poorly rendered creature.

- The couple having sex in the shower with music blasting before getting killed by the creep alien watching them lol.

I mean, SMH.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I wouldn't call out Covenant for "cliche slasher vibes." Seems unfair. Alien is filled with slasher vibes; and is famously a B-grade movie just filmed like an A-grade one. Covenant follows that style accordingly.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

More like it was a movie that could have been b-grade but was instead was good enough to be A-grade. I think even crew thought it was going to be a B-movie actually. Not that B movies are bad of course.

Alien's characters doesn't do anything nearly as stupid as covenant characters.

To compare the more stand out ones.

Kane vs Oram.

Kane was in a suit and had no reason to suspect anything as things looked long dead in the derelict. As far as he knew as well, the inside of the derelict had the same atmosphere as the outside, meaning he probably didn't think somethign would just jump out unimpeded. His personality was established via some dialogue. Doesn't excuse his foolishness though, caution should have still been followed but at least there is more to justify it.

Oram just experienced the threats the pathogen-generated creatures pose and David outright tells and shows him their origins. He then shows him the "successors" i.e the same type of infectious parasitic creature that killed his crew but more advanced, and he sticks his head into something because an android told him too.

Brett vs Rosenthal. Brett thought he was still looking for something small and because he let the cat escape, he was told by the others to find it, also he was in a ship he knew well. He didn't expect an 8ft tall monster to be roaming around. Again still foolish but not as bad as Rosie.

Rosie saw what the Neomorphs did, how dangerous they are and that at least one was still roaming about somewhere.
she was is in an unfamiliar area with the outside area filled with corpses, yet she decided to go off alone just to clean a wound that a simple first aid kit could have done.  At the very least there should have been a buddy system. Two people at least to watch eachother's back.

Then you got that character that near enough shoves his face into a spore pod thingy.

Feeds On Minds

Isn't there a Covenant thread where this conversation should be taking place?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed