Terminator: Survival Project

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Jul 08, 2022, 01:15:35 PM

Author
Terminator: Survival Project (Read 4,455 times)

The Cruentus

Quote from: Kradan on May 12, 2024, 05:29:46 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 12, 2024, 04:32:57 AMI'd prefer it if the events of T2 were exactly how history was supposed to play out and actually clinched Judgment Day, which still happens right on schedule in 1997.

That makes Sarah and John's efforts to stop it in T2 even more pointless, don't you think ?

Time travel wouldn't allow changes like stopping judgement day. its a time loop.
if no judgement day, no skynet, no time machine so how would they go back in time to stop it?. it all has to happen.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 12, 2024, 06:58:13 PM
Quote from: Kradan on May 12, 2024, 05:29:46 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 12, 2024, 04:32:57 AMI'd prefer it if the events of T2 were exactly how history was supposed to play out and actually clinched Judgment Day, which still happens right on schedule in 1997.

That makes Sarah and John's efforts to stop it in T2 even more pointless, don't you think ?

Time travel wouldn't allow changes like stopping judgement day. its a time loop.
if no judgement day, no skynet, no time machine so how would they go back in time to stop it?. it all has to happen.

Not exactly, it could be a temporal paradox; just because something *has* happened in the future doesn't mean it's still going to... it's like in Terminator Dark Fate; 'Carl' came back in time from a future that no longer exists, with a mission from an A.I. (Skynet) that will never be built.. in its place Legion will be built and begin the extermination of mankind.

The Cruentus

The only option there is alternate timelines. Carl's future is still intact and John connor is still alive in it. Otherwise he would not exist to kill john connor if it was a singular timeline. john would not need to have a resistance for skynet to use timetravel against.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Every time something is changed, it creates a new path leading to a different future. You can travel back to the past, but once you do, any changes you make mean going forward is different than where you originated from. So I'd say there is a whole spectrum of parallel timelines.

So, if I go back in time and decided to poison the water supply of early primates in Africa to ensure the human race never existed, I could do that, and I wouldn't disappear or cease to exist, as everything from human history in my original timeline had to happen for me to be there.. that timeline happened and is continuing without me from where I left.. however I could never go forward again back into that timeline, as it's inaccessible to me due to creating a new future.. it exists for everyone who is occupying it and saw me leave, but for me it will now never happen in the new world I've created/am occupying.

In this way, terminators and Kyle Reece can be sent back from a future that the Connor's can prevent from ever even happening (from their perspective).

"No fate."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed