Aliens Expanded - A New Aliens Documentary Announced

Started by Darkness, Apr 26, 2022, 08:03:14 PM

Author
Aliens Expanded - A New Aliens Documentary Announced (Read 41,195 times)

Local Trouble

I don't think I'm ready for that level of prestige or responsibility.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on May 10, 2024, 10:34:17 AMAnd people using True Fan here are being ironic - mocking one of AE producers who insinuated that only True Fans are paying exorbitant prices for a fan doco.
Not just one of the producers, the literal CEO of the company, Robin Block.

wheresthecornbread

wheresthecornbread

Hi, I look in to AVP occasionally, great site btw, and wanted to know if Corporal Hicks or anyone else here is participating in this documentary? Thanks

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: wheresthecornbread on May 11, 2024, 08:31:15 AMHi, I look in to AVP occasionally, great site btw, and wanted to know if Corporal Hicks or anyone else here is participating in this documentary? Thanks

Unfortunately, our buddies here at AvPG aren't going to be IN the documentary. For some reason they were not asked, but some other, not as long running fan accounts will be in the documentary.

Hicks is on the fan council though, that helped consult the content that will be in the documentary. Not sure why he wasn't asked to be on the actual production though. But then, the fan council thing has some eyebrow raising choices. This instagram account is on that council as well, which likely might only be the case because they have a couple thousand followers. Maybe they're more of a true fan than others, but I honestly couldn't tell you why.

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 11, 2024, 04:41:14 PM
Quote from: wheresthecornbread on May 11, 2024, 08:31:15 AMHi, I look in to AVP occasionally, great site btw, and wanted to know if Corporal Hicks or anyone else here is participating in this documentary? Thanks

Unfortunately, our buddies here at AvPG aren't going to be IN the documentary. For some reason they were not asked, but some other, not as long running fan accounts will be in the documentary.

Hicks is on the fan council though, that helped consult the content that will be in the documentary. Not sure why he wasn't asked to be on the actual production though. But then, the fan council thing has some eyebrow raising choices. This instagram account is on that council as well, which likely might only be the case because they have a couple thousand followers. Maybe they're more of a true fan than others, but I honestly couldn't tell you why.

You mean to tell me that an entity known as Alien Theory gets to be featured in this documentary, while our long-standing AvPG hosts are left out?

Mike’s Monsters

You'd be correct.

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 12, 2024, 01:59:59 AMYou'd be correct.
Wow.. I'm not even buying it and yet I want a refund.

SM

There's a fan council?

Trial to determine who the True Fans (TM) are.

Local Trouble

SM 'bout to get yeeted to the phantom zone.

SM

You'll be laughing on the other side of your face when I make you ruler of Australia.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Rudiger on May 10, 2024, 08:23:38 AMFar too expensive. And I cannot listen to that Alien Theory guy.

I wouldn't pay $75.00 (AUD) for a digital download. Besides, what more (previously unheard of) stories are there from the makers of the film? Imo, the 2003 feature-length documentary pretty much covered everything.

Something about that ALIEN THEORY narration is a big turn-off for me. His recent video on the 3+ hours cut of ALIEN was interesting though.

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 11, 2024, 04:41:14 PM

Spoiler
A few years back - perhaps more than a few - one of the moderators here, insulted Weaver (calling her a "surfboard"). Not saying this is the reason - but you never really know who reads these posts?
[close]

xShadowFoxX

You're on this Council.. but we do not grant you the rank of True Fan.

Kradan

Man, few days ago I didn't give a shit about this thing but now I'm so f.ucking angry that ... I'M F.UCKING ANGRY !!!  >:(

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on May 12, 2024, 07:57:41 AMMan, few days ago I didn't give a shit about this thing but now I'm so f.ucking angry that ... I'M F.UCKING ANGRY !!!  >:(

Kradan:

wheresthecornbread

wheresthecornbread

It does seem wrong after all the leg work this site does for the franchise keeping interest alive between films and boosting it when everyone is talking about a new release ...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed