Why Alien: Romulus pits the Xenomorph against a younger crew

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 03, 2024, 05:18:28 PM

Author
Why Alien: Romulus pits the Xenomorph against a younger crew (Read 10,934 times)

Nightmare Asylum

We've had it explicitly confirmed that the only damage to that particular Alien's head is the scar/crack at the front of the dome.

Mornstar

Quote from: Slutty Badger on May 10, 2024, 08:35:57 AM
Quote from: Mornstar on May 10, 2024, 07:20:28 AMThe entire back of this xeno's head has been blown up, apparently by the explosive bullet that shot into it. But the xeno is still alive, it's regenerating it's wounds, it's immortal.

Well, that's the fourth time you've spammed that message here, and it's still incorrect.
You just don't want to believe it. Time will tell. The xeno's regeneration ability is an idea that original Alien was trying to use. The regeneration ability would give the protagonists an intense sense of fear and oppression.
https://youtu.be/O2vhT2i0N_U
Alien: Romulus will show you what a ture horror movie is all about.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 11, 2024, 05:52:15 PMWe've had it explicitly confirmed that the only damage to that particular Alien's head is the scar/crack at the front of the dome.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Mornstar on May 11, 2024, 05:56:26 PMYou just don't want to believe it. Time will tell. The xeno's regeneration ability is an idea that original Alien was trying to use. The regeneration ability would give the protagonists an intense sense of fear and oppression.

Well, that's the second time you've spammed that message here, and it's still incorrect.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Mornstar on May 11, 2024, 05:56:26 PM
Quote from: Mornstar on May 10, 2024, 07:20:28 AMThe entire back of this xeno's head has been blown up, apparently by the explosive bullet that shot into it. But the xeno is still alive, it's regenerating it's wounds, it's immortal.

Well, that's the fourth time you've spammed that message here, and it's still incorrect.
You just don't want to believe it. Time will tell. The xeno's regeneration ability is an idea that original Alien was trying to use. The regeneration ability would give the protagonists an intense sense of fear and oppression.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_FfE71HTlghttps://youtu.be/O2vhT2i0N_U

You don't have to believe me, you might not even want to. But I've seen the movie twice and can tell you you're wrong.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 11, 2024, 07:44:32 PM
Quote from: Mornstar on May 11, 2024, 05:56:26 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_FfE71HTlghttps://youtu.be/O2vhT2i0N_U

You don't have to believe me, you might not even want to. But I've seen the movie twice and can tell you you're wrong.

Twice? I thought the test screenings only happened once or are you able to attend more?

Mike’s Monsters

I haven't attended any test screenings and have watched it in the comfort of my home.

The Cruentus

Interesting
Spoiler
I thought it was test screenings because you posted about what kind of effects were going to be used and that it was unfinished (for the cgi part)
[close]

Mike’s Monsters

I saw it months before the test screening. Shortly after Ridley saw it.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 11, 2024, 07:51:24 PMI saw it months before the test screening. Shortly after Ridley saw it.

Are you still going to see it in the cinema?, I can't imagine the movie was fully complete back then.

Mike’s Monsters

It was the entire movie back then, nothing was missing from the overall narrative. Just with unfinished effects, temp sounds and music. I'll definitely be seeing in theaters, hopefully even attending the premiere if I can make it happen. If they did anything heavy in the reshoots, that would be what is different. But I'm not expecting much was changed, if at all. I'm assuming it was just additional footage pickups, which is mostly the case for reshoots.

The Cruentus

Nice.
If there is anything different, significantly I mean. Are you allowed to state what was changed?(post release of course)

Mike’s Monsters

I plan on sharing all that stuff in August. Got some fun stories to tell.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed