Vintage '79 Alien interview with Ridley Scott

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, May 11, 2024, 01:53:05 PM

Author
Vintage '79 Alien interview with Ridley Scott (Read 525 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Bobbie Wygand interviews Ridley Scott during Alien's press tour:

Please let us know in the comments below if you have any issues with the thread's title, and remember, "when dark things start appearing, Ridley Scott starts appearing".

Kradan

Kradan

Scott seems more ... energetic here

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on May 11, 2024, 01:53:05 PMPlease let us know in the comments below if you have any issues with the thread's title

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

He was so polite back then. No telling journalists to go f*ck themselves or what a bunch of losers historians are.

Kradan

aliens13

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on May 11, 2024, 02:11:02 PMHe was so polite back then. No telling journalists to go f*ck themselves or what a bunch of losers historians are.
He said the second thing in some interviews?  :o

BigDaddyJohn

That wouldn't surprise me at all.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

aliens13

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on May 12, 2024, 11:11:00 AM
Quote from: aliens13 on May 11, 2024, 09:07:15 PM
Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on May 11, 2024, 02:11:02 PMHe was so polite back then. No telling journalists to go f*ck themselves or what a bunch of losers historians are.
He said the second thing in some interviews?  :o

All in good spirits though.

https://twitter.com/thehistoryguy/status/1722948052485283962
😂 I'm guessing he told Ridley's that there weren't Sharks in the Colosseum in Rome and he responded that

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I think he waded into one of the Napoleon clips in his show. Funnily, Ridley later appeared on his show to discuss the film and they had a good laugh.

Another Bobbie Wygant interview in '79, this time with a mulleted Tom Skerritt. I wonder if he is refering  to the egg-morphing scene when he says there were stuff cut in which he thinks Ridley went too far?

MetalAlien

This website if from Dennis Lowe. He worked on Alien and many others. He basically dumped every picture and reference he had on Alien for free, He is super nice and very open to fans and talking to people.

https://dennisvideo1138-1a506.kxcdn.com/Alien.html

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed