Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3?

Started by DARIAS93, Aug 29, 2008, 02:46:07 PM

So who do you think deserves to return and direct AVP3?

Paul W.S Anderson
145 (78.4%)
The Strause Brothers
40 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author
Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3? (Read 69,985 times)

Nightmare Asylum

I don't really have a problem with the specifics of Lope's infection/chestbursting, mechanically speaking.

My issue there remains that I just wish Covenant only had one Alien, and that the one birthed from Oram (which already has narrative and thematic resonance, after its birth and initial interaction with David) was the one that eventually made it onto the ship for the film's final setpiece.

SiL

If a facehugger can successfully panic-jizz a buster into someone in three seconds it makes absolutely zero sense for them to sit on people's faces for any substantial length of time.

Getting off the face and nobody knowing you impregnated someone is much better than holding them hostage.

SM

Facehugger can stay on longer to protect the embryo. If someone tries to remove the embryo it threatens the host like when they tried to remove the hugger from Kane.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 11, 2024, 12:27:16 PMI don't really have a problem with the specifics of Lope's infection/chestbursting, mechanically speaking.

My issue there remains that I just wish Covenant only had one Alien, and that the one birthed from Oram (which already has narrative and thematic resonance, after its birth and initial interaction with David) was the one that eventually made it onto the ship for the film's final setpiece.

I agree there should only have been one Alien, or perhaps only Neomorphs. Really hate the lope thing though, even Oram's chestburster too.

Nightmare Asylum

Oram's chestburster scene is wonderful. Love that initial interaction with David so much. It's one of the film's very best moments, and one of my favorite sequences in any of the sequels.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SM on May 11, 2024, 12:54:33 PMFacehugger can stay on longer to protect the embryo. If someone tries to remove the embryo it threatens the host like when they tried to remove the hugger from Kane.

That's my head-canon, basically

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 11, 2024, 01:44:08 PMOram's chestburster scene is wonderful. Love that initial interaction with David so much. It's one of the film's very best moments, and one of my favorite sequences in any of the sequels.

Amen to that

The Cruentus

Nice music but life-cycle too fast and was more or less fully formed, just in a sac that resembled the old chestburster.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 11, 2024, 01:50:47 PMNice music but life-cycle too fast and was more or less fully formed, just in a sac that resembled the old chestburster.

I'm perfectly fine chalking the quicker lifecycle up to it being how this "lesser," unfinished Alien lacking biomechanics that David had created at this point works. Quicker gestation/birthing process, less resilient Alien, so on so forth.

It's really neither here nor there to me though, when the imagery (and absolutely the music as well) in the sequence with it and David interacting is so incredibly strong. The whole thing just clicks and resonates for me, in terms of what the film is actually setting out to do with the creature and David.

The Cruentus

I meant in terms of "plausibility" something growing that fast would burn out. It doesn't matter if it is a "unfinished" alien or a proper alein, nothing that complex should be able to grow that fast, both host and embryo would be dead.

Technically even the typical hours long growth pushes it but its at least easier to suspend disbelief for compared to avp and Covenant.

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 11, 2024, 02:01:43 PMI'm perfectly fine chalking the quicker lifecycle up to it being how this "lesser," unfinished Alien lacking biomechanics that David had created at this point works. Quicker gestation/birthing process, less resilient Alien, so on so forth.

Quote from: Kradan on May 11, 2024, 01:46:33 PMThat's my head-canon, basically

Thatguy2068

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 11, 2024, 01:24:08 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 11, 2024, 12:27:16 PMI don't really have a problem with the specifics of Lope's infection/chestbursting, mechanically speaking.

I agree there should only have been one Alien, or perhaps only Neomorphs. Really hate the lope thing though, even Oram's chestburster too.
Totally agree with this,

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on May 11, 2024, 12:54:33 PMFacehugger can stay on longer to protect the embryo. If someone tries to remove the embryo it threatens the host like when they tried to remove the hugger from Kane.
The face hugger died long before Kane gave birth, leaving him comatose and vulnerable. If the facehugger was in place the entire time until right before he popped I'd buy it, but it's not the case.

For Kane the argument could be that it stayed on to keep him alive until he got on the ship, but again, it waits around for a long time after he's back in a breathable atmosphere.

SM

If they tried to remove the embryo by the time the hugger dropped off though it could probably survive on its own AND kill the host.

Just a theory anyway.

Does make for an interesting question as to why a hugger had to stay on so long if it's a form of ejaculation to create a new life form. Keeping Kane alive in a toxic atmosphere aside.

Local Trouble

Maybe to prevent self-harm.  It could be that a facehugger instinctively knows whether its host is both conscious and intelligent.  If so, it may have to keep the host comatose longer to scrub its memory of the encounter, so the host doesn't just kill itself to prevent a more painful death.

This could also explain the much shorter implantation time in Alien 3.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed