Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,652,940 times)

SiL

SiL

Thank you both! I'd seen it asserted but not the supporting arguments.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 06, 2024, 09:21:50 AM... the second one actually looks like a guy in a suit  ;D

Far too chubby in the waist area

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I think head crushes should appear in an alien movie. That's a nasty way of dying.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 06, 2024, 12:02:50 PMI think head crushes should appear in an alien movie. That's a nasty way of dying.

Perhaps the new film will deliver in that regard?

I'd like to see some more tail-slapping & spiking action.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Elmazalman on May 06, 2024, 12:22:38 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 06, 2024, 12:02:50 PMI think head crushes should appear in an alien movie. That's a nasty way of dying.

Perhaps the new film will deliver in that regard?

I'd like to see some more tail-slapping & spiking action.

Absolutely ! Tails are kinda under used in the movies.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Two images of the Alien from the deleted 'Crab Walk' scene.  The one on top was featured on the front of the 1980 Heavey Metal Presents calendar.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Alien (1979)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

The crab walk is the one thing I have no problem with being cut out of the movie.

MetalAlien

MetalAlien

I am probably bias but right now these are my favorite pics..

BeeHooKoo

BeeHooKoo

Burglars will shit their pants if they break into an apartment at night.  ;D

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Doubly biased here cos while I am an Alien fan, I also love chihuahuas 8)  <3

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Hot damn, that is gorgeous! Your home?

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 08, 2024, 06:58:58 PMThe crab walk is the one thing I have no problem with being cut out of the movie.

The crab-walk is still in the finished film - but the focus is now on Lambert's reaction to seeing it.

Agreed. That outtake doesn't work (the continuity also sucks - the bone-like solid hoop, either side of the Alien's head, one of them disappears and reappears depending on the shots used) - although, I do like the full-frontal shot of it coming towards her before suddenly stopping. Otherwise, it was the right choice not to use the Alien-angle shots.

SiL

SiL

I always thought the shadow angle makes it weird - and not necessarily in a good way. The Alien walks over to the door, then crunches down to crawl over on its back, then stands up.

SM

SM

I recall it was supposed to be crawling out of a vent initially. When you look at how it flops out from behind the console later the shadow kind of works. And also how it avoided setting off the tracker.

Then (again initially) Parker and Lambert were found half shoved into the same vent.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed