Alien3 Legacy Cut

Started by 0321recon, Apr 26, 2024, 08:35:01 PM

Author
Alien3 Legacy Cut (Read 3,168 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 29, 2024, 10:03:40 PMMy problem with the ox is that it's already dead when it pops.  Where's the drama in that?  I want to see writhing and convulsing!

Because I'm sick like that. >:(

It's not that I'm cruel to animals or anything, but even if the ox were alive...there's something about the dogs suffering that always makes me sad and give me goosebumps at the same time (the dog scene in THE THING also comes to mind :-\). Nothing beats the dog imo :'(

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Dog scene in The Thing aka one of the best (if not THE best) horror scenes of all time.

Project A34K

Project A34K

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I really dig it.

Project A34K

Project A34K

Like the man who jumped off the skyscraper said, half way down...

So far, so good

SM

SM

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 29, 2024, 11:31:15 PMDog scene in The Thing aka one of the best (if not THE best) horror scenes of all time.

There was resistance to doing the dog in Alien 3 because of comparisons to The Thing.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Project A34K on Apr 30, 2024, 12:59:56 AMLike the man who jumped off the skyscraper said, half way down...

So far, so good
I'm not sure the red and the volumetric lighting is strictly necessary but I can't say I hate it.

Interesting about the frame edge on the theatrical. I'm guessing it's an artefact of cutting film vs digital.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah i'm liking all that.

TC

TC

Quote from: SiL on Apr 30, 2024, 02:30:44 AMInteresting about the frame edge on the theatrical. I'm guessing it's an artefact of cutting film vs digital.

Yeah. It will be the cement splices at each cut thickening the film as it passes through the scanning gate, which is allowing some slight movement of the film image as it is scanned and possibly some loss of focus too. Why it happened in this instance and not other films is another question. Perhaps some operator error in the scan.

BTW, learning that OP's solution is to cut out frames and resync sound breaks my heart. Even a single frame lost makes a difference. Terry Rawlings will be spinning in his grave.

TC

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 29, 2024, 07:18:20 PM
Quote from: BringbackJonesy! on Apr 29, 2024, 05:21:59 PMI see...
Read the comment just above yours.

Yeah, I eventually saw it....but not until just after I posted mine which was being typed out at around the same time . 

@ Project A34K - I see that you've given the 'Xeno-vision' shots a red hue (and added running sound effects too!).  Sounds like it could be an effective juxtaposition to the overall brown hues of the rest of the footage at that point.

By the way, one of the little things that made 15MaF's edit so effective was the dripping 'drool' added to the shot of the alien approaching Ripley immediately before the iconic close-up of the suddenly drooling head - it can be seen in the pic at the bottom of the link I posted on page 4.
Perhaps you could consider adding that neat touch too, as it doesn't seem to feature in your trailer.

You've put some good effort into your site too, and I'll certainly be interested to check out your version eventually.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: TC on Apr 30, 2024, 03:42:04 AMBTW, learning that OP's solution is to cut out frames and resync sound breaks my heart. Even a single frame lost makes a difference. Terry Rawlings will be spinning in his grave.

TC
Hundreds, shortening the film by seconds.

But the rest of the film is getting cut anyway, so not a great difference.

Scott Conover

Scott Conover

Quote from: Project A34K on Apr 30, 2024, 12:33:45 AMImage section is now live

I think the updated POV shots are a sick touch! Nice work dude

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Love the filter for the Alien vision as well. And thank you for listening to the community and leaving the crucial scene with Dillon. If all of the narrative changes you decided on are what's on your site now, this may be the definitive version of Alien 3 for a great number of fans!

426Buddy

426Buddy

Agreed...

Wait is the ending a queen burst or no?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed