Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 150,686 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Disney's CinemaCon panel starts in a bit under three hours. Bet they show off Romulus footage. I'll probably hold off on reading the report about that, if I can help it. I already know so much as it is - would like to save that for when I can see it myself, especially since, odds are, it'll probably be the same footage (more or less) that is shown at the Alien re-release for Alien Day.

-Culky-

-Culky-

Yeah I expect them to show off some footage at CinemaCon today behind closed doors and then release it online and in theaters on Alien Day.

BigDaddyJohn

At this point I'll take any info as long as it's not about
Spoiler
the new alien hybrid and the characters deaths
[close]

MistressTeqila

MistressTeqila

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: SiL on Apr 11, 2024, 12:08:05 AMObligatory brightening showing the skull beneath the dome and more detailing.
Oh yeah!  I'm loving this!

Immortan Jonesy

Can you imagine the new design looking a bit like Stompy? ;D

BigDaddyJohn

Stompy looked really good... Except maybe for the digitgrade feet and too lenghty tail.

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 12, 2024, 04:01:50 PMStompy looked really good... Except maybe for the digitgrade feet and too lenghty tail.

Stompy was designed with SIZE in mind. at that time a lot of alien games didn't really sell the size of the creature vs the player. So the designers played around a lot with exaggerating some features - digitigrade legs make it taller, longer tail.. etc. there's thought behind all decisions.

the hands are the only real problem for me.

BigChapismyBestFriend

Stompy is the definitive alien drone look.

The Cruentus

Minus the legs of course  :laugh:

426Buddy

426Buddy

Never had an issue with digitigrade legs myself. Helps break up the "man in suit" effect imo.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I like to see it as that they mimicked humans in a way, besides the first film and the second film showed they could move without it being too obvious, especially the wall jumps.

BlueMarsalis79

I have posted a render of plantigrade Stompy before, it does not work frankly, the proportions of his head and shoulders are designed for the digitigrade.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 22, 2023, 02:38:23 AMStompy was in no way a patch on the original.  Especially not with that big dumb jaw and permagrin.

Cosmic Incubation

I'm torn, cause I think keeping the human legs/form adds to the uncanniness and makes sense as it links it more to the lifeform it came from.
However I do see the benefit of getting rid of the "guy in a suit" effect. As well as the legs making sense for the type of creature it is.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 12, 2024, 11:57:23 PMEspecially not with that big dumb jaw and permagrin.
The mouth/jaw is really the only thing that stops it from being a perfect design for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed