Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 52,178 times)

BlueMarsalis79

I know what you are talking about yes, Shaw swears in the harsher version.

Nightmare Asylum

If I recall correctly, I think that alt. version is included in the deleted scenes on the Blu-ray. Not home/able to check my disc right now to confirm, though.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It is, I remember seeing it there.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 03, 2024, 03:31:06 PMI know what you are talking about yes, Shaw swears in the harsher version.

Yep exactly.

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Are we anticipating a viral marketing campaign ala Prometheus and Covenant for Romulus up to its release?

I surely hope so - The world building we got in the teasers and in-world ads for the prequels was superb!

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I remember the personal messages recorded by the Covenant crew used for marketing, that was cool.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 03, 2024, 03:31:06 PMI know what you are talking about yes, Shaw swears in the harsher version.

Shaw swear? I don't believe it. She's an angel.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Poor thing shouldn't have ended like that.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 05, 2024, 03:06:52 PMPoor thing shouldn't have ended like that.

When you trust David after he'a proven he's robosatan.. XD

Oram did the same thing.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: E. Shaw on Apr 05, 2024, 03:13:17 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 05, 2024, 03:06:52 PMPoor thing shouldn't have ended like that.

Whwn you trust David after he'a proven he's robosatan.. XD

Oram did the same thing.

Exactly. I didn't quite like how they turned David into a classical creepy movie villain while he was more interesting than that in Prometheus.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I think his progression to all out villain makes sense given his "malfunctioning" and the long period of isolation. That's what I got from the story in Covenant: it's his decline into robot madness. It might not be as interesting, but it does seem the logical conclusion. Sometimes his depiction was like a mustache twirling villain but I can't say I didn't enjoy it, honestly.

But by and large, I still think he is the same as he was in Prometheus, it's just that in Covenant he has no one to answer to anymore, so he's essentially been let off the leash.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: PsyKore on Apr 06, 2024, 07:30:15 AMI think his progression to all out villain makes sense given his "malfunctioning" and the long period of isolation. That's what I got from the story in Covenant: it's his decline into robot madness. It might not be as interesting, but it does seem the logical conclusion. Sometimes his depiction was like a mustache twirling villain but I can't say I didn't enjoy it, honestly.

But by and large, I still think he is the same as he was in Prometheus, it's just that in Covenant he has no one to answer to anymore, so he's essentially been let off the leash.

David was pretty sinister in Prometheus,

"I will be free, doesn't everyone want their parents dead?"

"Must feel like your God has abandoned you, to lose Dr. Holloway in such a similar way as your father."

"I didn't think you had it in you, forgive me, poor choice of words, excellent survival instincts Elizabeth."

It's clear he's the Diablo he becomes in Covenant, because Elizabeth is one of few who are nice to him and yet he tries to kill her by letting her untraditional fetus grow and birth.

David always was Satan from Paradise Lost.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

f**king robots.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 06, 2024, 06:43:10 PMf**king robots.

To quote Capt. Kirk, "don't trust them.. let them die!"
:D

David Weyland

David Weyland

In fairness I (I mean he) tried to reassure it best that Shaw be put into cryosleep and remove later

Not David's fault Shaw decided to kick up a fuss and jeopardise her own life

Did her no good in the long run anyhow, should've just taken the advice administered..but she refused

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed