Godzilla
101 (75.4%)
King Kong
25 (18.7%)
I don't know?
8 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,516,989 times)

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 31, 2024, 08:24:05 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Nov 26, 2023, 12:30:21 AMAbout those asking if they need to watch all the Monsterverse to catch up for Monarch. A few mentioned Godzilla 2014 and Skull Island are definites and I agree. But I'd also say to watch the other two films too. This series is going to lead into the events of next years Godzilla x Kong. Wont say what or hint at much, but I recommend catching up with all 4 films.

Out of curiosity, with the movie now out, what were you referring to here? Something that was cut, perhaps? I didn't pick up on anything in GxK that felt like it had been explicitly set up in Monarch.

In case anyone hasn't seen Monarch:

Spoiler
It was the portals they set up to the Hollow Earth. It was shown in GvK with traveling to Hollow Earth, but Monarch elaborated on it with how they can get to and from easier. I was told ahead of the release from folks on production that the technology we saw in GxK was meant to be connected to what we saw in the finale of Monarch, with them landing on Skull Island after being stuck in the Axis Mundi. Thought it would have been clearer or more prominent in the film myself, but definitely wasn't. They were supposed to have much more control on where they'd land in HE and on the surface. Without the tech, the humans would just end up in random ass places. They need to follow a Titan to get exactly where they want to go. The more you try to think about it, the less it makes sense, really.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 31, 2024, 10:25:38 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 31, 2024, 08:24:05 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Nov 26, 2023, 12:30:21 AMAbout those asking if they need to watch all the Monsterverse to catch up for Monarch. A few mentioned Godzilla 2014 and Skull Island are definites and I agree. But I'd also say to watch the other two films too. This series is going to lead into the events of next years Godzilla x Kong. Wont say what or hint at much, but I recommend catching up with all 4 films.

Out of curiosity, with the movie now out, what were you referring to here? Something that was cut, perhaps? I didn't pick up on anything in GxK that felt like it had been explicitly set up in Monarch.

In case anyone hasn't seen Monarch:

Spoiler
It was the portals they set up to the Hollow Earth. It was shown in GvK with traveling to Hollow Earth, but Monarch elaborated on it with how they can get to and from easier. I was told ahead of the release from folks on production that the technology we saw in GxK was meant to be connected to what we saw in the finale of Monarch, with them landing on Skull Island after being stuck in the Axis Mundi. Thought it would have been clearer or more prominent in the film myself, but definitely wasn't. They were supposed to have much more control on where they'd land in HE and on the surface. Without the tech, the humans would just end up in random ass places. They need to follow a Titan to get exactly where they want to go. The more you try to think about it, the less it makes sense, really.
[close]

Spoiler
Ahh, ok. That does track, I guess. I'm admittedly still a bit confused by the relationship between the Axis Mundi and the Hollow Earth proper, but, that's fine. There's quite a big gap in time between Monarch: Legacy of Monsters and Godzilla vs Kong (let along Godzilla x Kong), and until it is eventually made clearer, assuming that the Axis Mundi (and the time dilation that occurs while within it) are select pockets/bubbles between the surface world and the full-on Hollow Earth works well enough for me.
[close]

BigChapismyBestFriend

BigChapismyBestFriend

I love the part where Kong slept with Godzilla

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 31, 2024, 11:57:11 PMI love the part where Kong slept with Godzilla

Titans gotta sleep.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

It's official according to box office mojo the movie made over 80 million in the US and 114 million around the world for a total of 194 million which actual numbers will be in tomorrow. I have to say I think it's great the Big G is going so strong the last 10 years and hope it goes for another 10! I'm more then happy with the US version being more light hearted aka like the Showa era while the Japan versions stick to more serious/horror theme. Everyone gets something out of it and we get best of both worlds. Been a Big G fan for 32 years and happy to see the franchise doing so well.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I do kind of wish we got a full on monster conference like in the original Ghidorah movie.

Spoiler
Jia could have signed "Oh Godzilla, what terrible language!" :laugh:
[close]

Also Godzilla and Kong should have done the Jet Jaguar handshake.

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed Godzilla X Kong for the most part, in moments it successfully tapped into my inner child, there are moments that I had fun with. BUT its not a good movie by any stretch. My full review is below.

https://youtu.be/KBs5cMOAeU0

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: Space_Dementia on Apr 01, 2024, 01:47:41 PMI'm not going to lie, I enjoyed Godzilla X Kong for the most part, in moments it successfully tapped into my inner child, there are moments that I had fun with. BUT its not a good movie by any stretch. My full review is below.

https://youtu.be/KBs5cMOAeU0

Shrugs, you are entitled to your view of course, its just that its not share by most G-fans. The consensus is that while its a far from perfect film, its still enjoyable to watch for a G-fan and they had a good time watching it, that's all that really matters in the end.

SiL

SiL

But that's what he said? It's not a great film but he liked watching it.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: SiL on Apr 02, 2024, 04:02:30 AMBut that's what he said? It's not a great film but he liked watching it.

He said its a bad movie with some good parts he enjoyed.

I said its a good movie with some bad parts.  :laugh:

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

"I liked it" =/= "quality film-making".

dave1978

dave1978

Movie garbage of the highest order,  utter drivel.  I dont know who in charge of cameras or the filming but they totally fail in making these things look the size they are,  may aswell be 6 feet tall for all the sense of scale there is.  Any why oh why if Kong made to look like such a wimp all the time,  constantly getting his arse handed to him. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I can't say I'm a huge Monsterverse fan but my partner really enjoys them so went to see this. It was exactly what I expected. Silly fun, with some laughs and good spectacle fights. Definitely felt a lot of character for Kong in this and I really enjoyed that aspect. It delivered and I was entertained. I don't remember the lore of the rest of the franchise to really comment on any of how well it fits into the rest of it all, but just from a filthy casual POV, I had a good time with it.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Who would win?

Rose Godzilla or Shin Godzilla Final Form?

BigChapismyBestFriend

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: E. Shaw on Apr 02, 2024, 11:50:54 PMWho would win?

Rose Godzilla or Shin Godzilla Final Form?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_JKuv8iLEmE/maxresdefault.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRi-rQpJL8_sYuVAITBczWTXMC3zKMAHrjOrzuOCWVihQ&s
Rose Godzilla, like Shin Godzilla can easily diminishes his energy and force to sleep for a week, Godzilla in GvK can curve stop him, that was from the past this evolved (rose) Godzilla is 20x stronger. He wouldn't even leave a trace of shin

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed