Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 57,140 times)

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: SiL on Mar 24, 2024, 11:41:47 AM
Spoiler
They've been discussed.
[close]
Spoiler
True, they have, but i think that the state in which the state (alicve or dead) of Big Chap when he was found, was still up to discussion.
[close]

SiL

SiL

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 24, 2024, 11:45:14 AM
Spoiler
They've been discussed.
[close]
Spoiler
True, they have, but i think that the state in which the state (alicve or dead) of Big Chap when he was found, was still up to discussion.
[close]
Spoiler
It was known he was found alive, the question was the state during the main story.
[close]

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: SiL on Mar 24, 2024, 11:46:04 AM
Spoiler
They've been discussed.
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
It was known he was found alive, the question was the state during the main story.
[close]
Oh, my bad then.

Thanks for the correction.

Prez

Prez

This scene?

Salt The Fries

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 24, 2024, 11:48:34 AM
Spoiler
They've been discussed.
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Oh, my bad then.

Spoiler
How do you think they'll convincingly retcon a salvage team recovering Big Chap? Like, what are the chances? I mean, to me it's a bigger stretch than that of David being the Xenomorph creator (not that I have any problem with that)...
[close]

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Spoiler
Still doesnt look big enough to be the chap to me, even though it is clearly meant to be. I still wonder what that thing is it is being carried on.
[close]

SiL

SiL

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Mar 24, 2024, 12:09:38 PM
Spoiler
Still doesnt look big enough to be the chap to me, even though it is clearly meant to be. I still wonder what that thing is it is being carried on.
[close]
Spoiler
It's curled up. Bolaji curled up in the suit was half the height of Lambert, if that.
[close]

Salt The Fries

Quote from: SiL on Mar 24, 2024, 12:15:43 PM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
It's curled up. Bolaji curled up in the suit was half the height of Lambert, if that.
[close]
Spoiler
I wonder if it's curled up because it's hibernating or it was in agonizing state and died this way. I wonder if he actually awakens or did they extract black goo from him and that set events in motion?
[close]

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Mar 24, 2024, 12:03:45 PM
Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 24, 2024, 11:48:34 AM
Spoiler
They've been discussed.
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Oh, my bad then.

Spoiler
How do you think they'll convincingly retcon a salvage team recovering Big Chap? Like, what are the chances? I mean, to me it's a bigger stretch than that of David being the Xenomorph creator (not that I have any problem with that)...
[close]

Spoiler
I can see them doing something like this:

Weyland-Yutani was already monitoring the area with their own "bio-sensors" or secret space stations, so they used the Nostromo as a means to gain a sample of the Xeno.

Once Big Chap was ejected from the Narcissus and the whole Nostromo's explosion, they sent their own team (not some expendable space truckers) to survey the area with their bio-sensors (and hopefully, still took some time before finding the Xeno, in order to make it look as simple or as easy as it seems).

Or maybe the harpoon as a sensor and that is the end of it.

Is it a little contrived or convenient? Yeah, but the franchise always had some scene or two like that, so as long as the rest of the movie is great, i can look pass something like that.
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Spoiler
[close]

Maybe he gets dehydrated and shrinks a little when conditions get too harsh...but he's still alive! ala Tardigrade

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 24, 2024, 12:29:16 PMMaybe he gets dehydrated and shrinks a little when conditions get too harsh...but he's still alive! ala Tardigrade

Or pulls a Kars from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

https://www.gamesradar.com/alien-romulus-cailee-spaeny-proper-horror-sigourney-weaver-ripley/

"We used practical effects. We had the same people who worked on Aliens. They came back. They were there making the xenomorph. This is a creature that they have so much love for. We had puppeteers working on the face-hugger. So to see that – it all felt so alive,"

"I had to turn off my 'nerding out' brain, because I was just like, 'Wow, it's beautiful. Ooh, you put the Giger skull...' I had to turn that off. But it was properly scary. We set it between the first movie and the second. We were talking about, 'How could this be a child of the two?' So we have those heightened moments, but then proper horror."

"I definitely did everything that I could to bring that character to life. Watching Sigourney play that role – she's part of the changing of the game that those films did," Spaeny continues. "I could never be her. But I injected whatever I have in me into that character, and tried to make it three-dimensional – as three-dimensional as possible. So I hope that that's there, and it comes alive."

Eal

Eal

Quote from: Prez on Mar 24, 2024, 11:52:19 AMThis scene?

https://i.ibb.co/r5jWx77/Alien-Romulus-Scene.jpg

Spoiler
Is that supposed to be Kane's Son? If so, I'm very curious in Álvarez and Sayagues' justification for how they recover it. I suppose they already have the flight recorder and know the path of her shuttle (presuming Big Chap is in the trail of her shuttle still), that makes the whole thing plausible and less contrived.

Then again...I'm reminded that in Alien 3 we're expected to believe that an egg magically appeared aboard a random corridor in the Sulaco where we never see the queen. It's not like the writers and producers of the Alien series are known for carefully planning their stories and avoiding plot contrivances.
[close]

Mustangjeff

Mustangjeff

Quote from: Eal on Mar 24, 2024, 02:10:08 PM
Spoiler
Is that supposed to be Kane's Son? If so, I'm very curious in Álvarez and Sayagues' justification for how they recover it. I suppose they already have the flight recorder and know the path of her shuttle (presuming Big Chap is in the trail of her shuttle still), that makes the whole thing plausible and less contrived.

Then again...I'm reminded that in Alien 3 we're expected to believe that an egg magically appeared aboard a random corridor in the Sulaco where we never see the queen. It's not like the writers and producers of the Alien series are known for carefully planning their stories and avoiding plot contrivances.
[close]

I still find the recovery implausible.  Not to beat a dead horse, but if you have enough information to find something as small as a Xeno in space you have enough information to locate the derelict.

Lets not forget that the Xeno was not a stationary object when we last saw it.

Eal

Eal

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Mar 24, 2024, 02:50:54 PM
Quote from: Eal on Mar 24, 2024, 02:10:08 PM
Spoiler

Then again...I'm reminded that in Aliencubed we're expected to believe that an egg magically appeared aboard a random corridor in the Sulaco where we never see the queen. It's not like the writers and producers of the Alien series are known for carefully planning their stories and avoiding plot contrivances.
[close]

Not to beat a dead horse, but if you have enough information to find something as small as a Xeno in space you have enough information to locate the derelict.

Your mention of the Derelict is actually my only primary issue with it. When you extrapolate to the consequences it has on Weyland Yutani's motivations in Aliens and Alien 3, you're left with a few conclusions that go like this: a.) Everyone in the know at WY got Amenesia b.) Everyone in the know literally dropped in IQs, like Ripley said c.) Everyone in the know were all conveniently gathered in one place and killed off so the plot of Aliens could still happen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed