Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 57,144 times)

Jonjamess

Jonjamess

In the most non aggressive way possible I don't understand the praise that went with Prey. The movie is poor IMO.

It has an incredibly bad second half, the Predator using its helmet targeting not once but twice knowing full well its not wearing the helmet and not knowing where the helmet is. Its nonsensical and absolutely ruined the movie for me.

The fact that nobody producing the movie questioned people wouldn't buy that dumbness from a supposedly advanced hunting alien race (regardless of wether the creature was meant to be young) is strange. But what's perhaps more strange is when I've bought it up before people will defend it with no logic to the end!

Local Trouble

I'm fully expecting Romulus to be the perfect companion piece for Prey, and all that implies.

Jonjamess

Jonjamess

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 23, 2024, 08:38:46 PMI'm fully expecting Romulus to be the perfect companion piece for Prey, and all that implies.
Do you mean ridiculous plot points that film makers think we will just buy and not question?

Local Trouble

The midquel setting practically guarantees that, IMO.  Emphasis on mid.

Immortan Jonesy

Really? ???  I thought you summoning Prey means a good Alien movie with an ugly monster design.

NoStyleDutch

NoStyleDutch

Quote from: Jonjamess on Mar 23, 2024, 08:32:32 PMIn the most non aggressive way possible I don't understand the praise that went with Prey. The movie is poor IMO.

It has an incredibly bad second half, the Predator using its helmet targeting not once but twice knowing full well its not wearing the helmet and not knowing where the helmet is. Its nonsensical and absolutely ruined the movie for me.

The fact that nobody producing the movie questioned people wouldn't buy that dumbness from a supposedly advanced hunting alien race (regardless of wether the creature was meant to be young) is strange. But what's perhaps more strange is when I've bought it up before people will defend it with no logic to the end!

I see it as just like humans the predators can make mistakes, even more than once. And also the predator in prey had just been shot in the back of the head and had its armed chopped off so it probably wasn't thinking straight.

Salt The Fries

Personally, I hope there will be some sort of Seegson involvement in the plot, and I wish the film actually won't play it "totally safe" when it comes to adding something to the Alien canon.

SiL

SiL

I feel like Prey wouldn't have got quite the emphatic praise if it wasn't following up such a terrible movie.

Jonjamess

Jonjamess

Quote from: NoStyleDutch on Mar 23, 2024, 08:55:12 PM
Quote from: Jonjamess on Mar 23, 2024, 08:32:32 PMIn the most non aggressive way possible I don't understand the praise that went with Prey. The movie is poor IMO.

I see it as just like humans the predators can make mistakes, even more than once. And also the predator in prey had just been shot in the back of the head and had its armed chopped off so it probably wasn't thinking straight.

You make a more reasonable argument than many. But it didn't work for me.

NoStyleDutch

NoStyleDutch

Quote from: Jonjamess on Mar 23, 2024, 09:02:51 PM
Quote from: NoStyleDutch on Mar 23, 2024, 08:55:12 PM

You make a more reasonable argument than many. But it didn't work for me.

Fair enough!

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Mar 23, 2024, 09:00:54 PMI feel like Prey wouldn't have got quite the emphatic praise if it wasn't following up such a terrible movie.

Disappoint the fans long enough and they'll lap up even a mediocre product then call it a triumph.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Mar 23, 2024, 08:57:23 PMPersonally, I hope there will be some sort of Seegson involvement in the plot, and I wish the film actually won't play it "totally safe" when it comes to adding something to the Alien canon.

Alien Isolation is on par with the films in respect to canon, so it could be possible.

Jonjamess

Jonjamess

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 23, 2024, 09:04:03 PM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 23, 2024, 09:00:54 PMI feel like Prey wouldn't have got quite the emphatic praise if it wasn't following up such a terrible movie.

Disappoint the fans long enough and they'll lap up even a mediocre product then call it a triumph.
This.

426Buddy

426Buddy

The bolt shoots straight like a crossbow before the homing function kicks in. Taabe has to dodge the bolts being shot at him. Later the bolt just flys past Naru at the end, the Predator doesn't know  his mask has been positioned so its targeting him. He could still shoot the weapon without targeting... It's a lazy argument thats been explained a many times. In any case we have a Prey forum for this.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 23, 2024, 09:04:03 PM

I always hated this argument. It's demeaning to those fans that don't share your opinion.

Local Trouble

In my defense, I am a wine-drinking Alien fan.  My sophisticated tastes are harder to please.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed