Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 52,170 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: SiL on Mar 21, 2024, 08:45:16 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 21, 2024, 08:36:54 AMI like the shot of the new Alien, not seeing an issue the tendons.
They're just vertical strips of flesh. I like ''em more detailed.

I still think that shot in trailer looks good. But looking at the poster with the side shot of the jaw, I can definitly see what you mean.

GreybackElder

After watching this trailer a few times I'm  definitely feeling an alien isolation vibe. Dark, long, winding hallways seems like it's right out of the game. I cannot praise this trailer enough for nailing the alien aesthetic.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: GreybackElder on Mar 21, 2024, 01:10:36 PMAfter watching this trailer a few times I'm  definitely feeling an alien isolation vibe.

Needs more people hiding in lockers for hours on end.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I hear that complaint all the time about the game. But to be honest back when I played it, I never used the lockers that much. Usually getting behind something and staying out of line of sight is sufficient. If not, I would throw a distraction. Of course, after you get the flamethrower you don't have to do that even. Not having a way to kill the creature in that game plus not having real guns was never going to work for a large chunk of gamers though.

BlueMarsalis79

I say to thee who felt the need to do that to "git gud"

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I played Alien: Isolation once. On novice. Because I was a terrified baby the whole time. And spent many an hour in a locker.

I think I owe myself a second playthrough, before Romulus hits.

Corporal Hicks

Spending time in the lockers was half the fun! God, I love that game.

Nightmare Asylum

While on the topic of Isolation, if we're to assume that the game is canon, that puts it five years prior to Romulus beginning. In Romulus, Weyland-Yutani clearly has access to Alien specimens on board the Renaissance Station, and 37 years later in Aliens the company doesn't know where exactly to look on LV-426 until Ripley is awakened and points them in the specific direction, leading to Burke sending the Jordan family off on that path.

Given the Derelict's signal being turned off in Isolation, and then Renaissance Station's samples presumably all being lost by the end of Romulus, it makes sense that the company, now without their hands on any samples again, would go back to prioritizing LV-426 as their main hope to acquire new samples, though without the signal active any more, they couldn't pinpoint the location of the Derelict directly as the Nostromo had been able to do back in Alien.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I managed to complete the game without any time in lockers (on Normal). Also stayed behind cover and used distractions.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 21, 2024, 01:51:42 PMI managed to complete the game without any time in lockers (on Normal). Also stayed behind cover and used distractions.

Ooh, get you!

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I've hidden in lockers a few times, but the f**ker caught me, so I stopped doing that.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 21, 2024, 01:27:43 PMOf course, after you get the flamethrower you don't have to do that even. Not having a way to kill the creature in that game plus not having real guns was never going to work for a large chunk of gamers though.

Oh yeah, as soon as I found the flamethrower I never needed to hide again! Love that thing. Finished the game with a ton of fuel because I tried to use it sparingly.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 21, 2024, 01:41:49 PMWhile on the topic of Isolation, if we're to assume that the game is canon, that puts it five years prior to Romulus beginning. In Romulus, Weyland-Yutani clearly has access to Alien specimens on board the Renaissance Station, and 37 years later in Aliens the company doesn't know where exactly to look on LV-426 until Ripley is awakened and points them in the specific direction, leading to Burke sending the Jordan family off on that path.

Given the Derelict's signal being turned off in Isolation, and then Renaissance Station's samples presumably all being lost by the end of Romulus, it makes sense that the company, now without their hands on any samples again, would go back to prioritizing LV-426 as their main hope to acquire new samples, though without the signal active any more, they couldn't pinpoint the location of the Derelict directly as the Nostromo had been able to do back in Alien.

To add to this – if Isolation isn't canon, then I guess the volcanic activity would have to have knocked out the Derelict's signal somewhere in the 20 years between Alien and Romulus (probably closer to Alien than to Romulus).

razeak

razeak

I used lockers, but I did everything else too.  Locker time (if using) is probably decided by anxiety. Just step out. lol. mostly.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Is the station called Romulus or Renaissance?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed