Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 57,124 times)

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Just watched the trailer and get me aboard the hype train!!!

And from here until release I will have blinders on for anything Romulus related as I like knowing as little as possible before seeing the film.

solace97

solace97

I can't f**king wait this is absolutely insane the set pieces look so good, the characters expressions, even those cgi face huggers

RIP77

RIP77

Quote from: MudButt on Mar 20, 2024, 06:37:12 PM
Quote from: RIP77 on Mar 20, 2024, 06:10:03 PMYou signed the script together with your inseparable Rodo Sayagues, but this time you once again have a great brand behind you. Have you had the freedom to say what you wanted in this film?

One hundred percent. We are in a different time, it is no longer the studio that David Fincher dealt with in 'Alien³' (1992), this is completely the opposite. It is another era of cinema, I have made 'Alien: Romulus' with the same freedom with which I made 'Don't Breathe'. The study was great, and I don't say that lightly, it's not always like that, but in this case it really was like that. Steve Asbell, who runs 20th Century Studios, loves the saga and has been working with Ridley since 'Prometheus' (2012). I think that nowadays there is a little more belief that the more freedom you give to the director, especially if the director is like me, who is a screenwriter with Rodo, with my colleague on all the films, they achieve something more. authentic and not something manufactured by a studio. This is, for better and worse, all my fault and Rodo's. It is an auteur film with the blessing and support of the original creators.

Which interview is this from?

Spanish interview.

https://www.fotogramas.es/noticias-cine/a60253072/alien-romulus-pelicula-fede-alvarez-director-entrevista/

brokentusk420

Looks promising in tone, until the explosions and face hugger swarm breaking through glass doors was shown. Hopefully they will tone that down. Also hopefully since it looks like there isn't an adult in the lot of them, that they aren't pandering that zim zer nonsense. If this movie is a follow up to the original, then there shouldn't be any modern culture war BS in it.

Walter

Walter

I restored my Avpgalaxy account for write this post  :)

hey guys.

I watched teaser and I f loved. Fede, please bring more gore and brutality. as well, try to keep ending as should have to be continued..

Can't wait for August to come.

Mike’s Monsters

Very good tease! Working on a reaction and trailer breakdown video. May share a few new deets as well. Will share the link once it's up.

Dino21AvP

Dino21AvP

I have been avoiding reading much of anything about this movie especially recently since a lot of spoilers have come out, but I really enjoyed the trailer! Love the atmosphere, it definitely feels like a true Alien movie. Really am excited for this!

razeak

razeak

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 20, 2024, 05:44:59 PM
Quote from: Imbrie on Mar 20, 2024, 05:42:56 PM
Quote from: Aquarius8 on Mar 20, 2024, 05:40:37 PMI loved the whole atmosphere of the trailer.  Definitely a horror vibe.  So are they going to a planet or is the whole thing taking place on a Space Station?  Anyways, both hugger scenes were great.  Just imagine, 50 huggers chasing you at the same time.  Those things are fast.  Can't believe it's been 7 years since the last Alien movie.  Can't wait, will be there opening weekend. Love the poster too.

I believe that the central characters leave a planet for the space station and it's there that the action takes place.

Based on Fede's interviews today, that seems to be the case. He talked in the interviews that are going around about being inspired by the Aliens SE scenes depicting children on LV-426, and how after seeing that he wanted to explore what life would be like for younger folks that grew up only knowing life on a half-baked colony world like that. Then in the trailer we see their ship approaching the Renaissance Station, so presumably they must have left their world.

Ok, that gives me a bit of a breather on the young cast. If they are written as people only knowing that life then we won't have modern type young adults and bully jocks etc. lol. Hopefully.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 20, 2024, 04:14:10 PMThat shot of the Facehugger tube being pulled out of the mouth is so good.

Looks properly disgusting

T Dog

T Dog

It looks.....fine.
Regarding the shot of the tube coming out of the mouth -
Spoiler
Is that a xeno impregnating someone like a facehugger would?
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Mar 20, 2024, 06:46:54 PMLooks promising in tone, until the explosions and face hugger swarm breaking through glass doors was shown. Hopefully they will tone that down. Also hopefully since it looks like there isn't an adult in the lot of them, that they aren't pandering that zim zer nonsense. If this movie is a follow up to the original, then there shouldn't be any modern culture war BS in it.

The central characters are, per Fede's interview, kids that grew up on a shitty world without sunlight that is in the process of being terraformed (inspired by the kids seen living on LV-426 in the Aliens SE), dealing with/escaping from the BS that comes along with that corporate, isolated environment.

I guess if that constitutes as "modern culture war BS" because it has young characters and a scathing political/corporate undertone to it, then you probably won't get anything you want out of this one.

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 20, 2024, 06:52:55 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 20, 2024, 04:14:10 PMThat shot of the Facehugger tube being pulled out of the mouth is so good.

Looks properly disgusting

Just the kind of awful, grisly imagery I was hoping that Fede would bring to the table!

chrisandy

chrisandy

Quote from: RIP77 on Mar 20, 2024, 06:10:03 PMYou signed the script together with your inseparable Rodo Sayagues, but this time you once again have a great brand behind you. Have you had the freedom to say what you wanted in this film?

One hundred percent. We are in a different time, it is no longer the studio that David Fincher dealt with in 'Alien³' (1992), this is completely the opposite. It is another era of cinema, I have made 'Alien: Romulus' with the same freedom with which I made 'Don't Breathe'. The study was great, and I don't say that lightly, it's not always like that, but in this case it really was like that. Steve Asbell, who runs 20th Century Studios, loves the saga and has been working with Ridley since 'Prometheus' (2012). I think that nowadays there is a little more belief that the more freedom you give to the director, especially if the director is like me, who is a screenwriter with Rodo, with my colleague on all the films, they achieve something more. authentic and not something manufactured by a studio. This is, for better and worse, all my fault and Rodo's. It is an auteur film with the blessing and support of the original creators.

I have a very difficult time taking these statements at face value

[cancerblack]

I like it.

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Mar 20, 2024, 06:46:54 PMAlso hopefully since it looks like there isn't an adult in the lot of them, that they aren't pandering that zim zer nonsense. If this movie is a follow up to the original, then there shouldn't be any modern culture war BS in it.

Yawn.

brokentusk420

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 20, 2024, 06:56:05 PMI like it.

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Mar 20, 2024, 06:46:54 PMAlso hopefully since it looks like there isn't an adult in the lot of them, that they aren't pandering that zim zer nonsense. If this movie is a follow up to the original, then there shouldn't be any modern culture war BS in it.

Yawn.

Don't give a shit. Yawn

razeak

razeak

Quote from: T Dog on Mar 20, 2024, 06:53:48 PMIt looks.....fine.
Regarding the shot of the tube coming out of the mouth -
Spoiler
Is that a xeno impregnating someone like a facehugger would?
[close]
BRO.......that looks like it would belong to something......larger. lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed