Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 52,185 times)

Aquarius8

Aquarius8

I loved the whole atmosphere of the trailer.  Definitely a horror vibe.  So are they going to a planet or is the whole thing taking place on a Space Station?  Anyways, both hugger scenes were great.  Just imagine, 50 huggers chasing you at the same time.  Those things are fast.  Can't believe it's been 7 years since the last Alien movie.  Can't wait, will be there opening weekend. Love the poster too.

Imbrie

Imbrie

Quote from: Aquarius8 on Mar 20, 2024, 05:40:37 PMI loved the whole atmosphere of the trailer.  Definitely a horror vibe.  So are they going to a planet or is the whole thing taking place on a Space Station?  Anyways, both hugger scenes were great.  Just imagine, 50 huggers chasing you at the same time.  Those things are fast.  Can't believe it's been 7 years since the last Alien movie.  Can't wait, will be there opening weekend. Love the poster too.

I believe that the central characters leave a planet for the space station and it's there that the action takes place.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

New interview with Variety:

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/alien-romulus-trailer-fede-alvarez-1235946491/

Snippet from the interview:

QuoteHow tough was it to find a balance between the little green computer monitors of "Alien" and the futuristic technology of the more recent films?

I know a lot of people felt like it makes no sense. But I think we make the mistake when we watch the Nostromo and assume that's how the entire universe looks like. If I decide to make a movie on Earth today, and I go to the Mojave Desert and I take an old truck because a guy drives a Chevy, if you're an alien, you're going to go, "That's what the world looks like." But it doesn't mean there's not a guy in a Tesla in the city, which would be the "Prometheus" ship. The first movie is truck drivers in a beat-up truck. "Prometheus" is the ship of the richest man in the world.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Imbrie on Mar 20, 2024, 05:42:56 PM
Quote from: Aquarius8 on Mar 20, 2024, 05:40:37 PMI loved the whole atmosphere of the trailer.  Definitely a horror vibe.  So are they going to a planet or is the whole thing taking place on a Space Station?  Anyways, both hugger scenes were great.  Just imagine, 50 huggers chasing you at the same time.  Those things are fast.  Can't believe it's been 7 years since the last Alien movie.  Can't wait, will be there opening weekend. Love the poster too.

I believe that the central characters leave a planet for the space station and it's there that the action takes place.

Based on Fede's interviews today, that seems to be the case. He talked in the interviews that are going around about being inspired by the Aliens SE scenes depicting children on LV-426, and how after seeing that he wanted to explore what life would be like for younger folks that grew up only knowing life on a half-baked colony world like that. Then in the trailer we see their ship approaching the Renaissance Station, so presumably they must have left their world.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Awesome teaser.  8)

Ulfer

Ulfer

Well, if I remember correctly, the last time I've seen at the cinema a mass of huggers, it was in the (sorry) rather subpar but quite fun AVP movies, and I don't think it worked very well...

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Mar 20, 2024, 05:03:24 PMI've noticed some of the social media marketing has some interesting little teaser snippet shots before the trailer, that aren't in the actual trailer.

Spoiler
Remains of the big chap
[close]
in the last still?

Lukas

Lukas

PRECISELY

yupper

yupper

Looks like those people at the door are in riot gear?

RIP77

RIP77

You signed the script together with your inseparable Rodo Sayagues, but this time you once again have a great brand behind you. Have you had the freedom to say what you wanted in this film?

One hundred percent. We are in a different time, it is no longer the studio that David Fincher dealt with in 'AlienĀ³' (1992), this is completely the opposite. It is another era of cinema, I have made 'Alien: Romulus' with the same freedom with which I made 'Don't Breathe'. The study was great, and I don't say that lightly, it's not always like that, but in this case it really was like that. Steve Asbell, who runs 20th Century Studios, loves the saga and has been working with Ridley since 'Prometheus' (2012). I think that nowadays there is a little more belief that the more freedom you give to the director, especially if the director is like me, who is a screenwriter with Rodo, with my colleague on all the films, they achieve something more. authentic and not something manufactured by a studio. This is, for better and worse, all my fault and Rodo's. It is an auteur film with the blessing and support of the original creators.

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: Ulfer on Mar 20, 2024, 05:51:57 PMWell, if I remember correctly, the last time I've seen at the cinema a mass of huggers, it was in the (sorry) rather subpar but quite fun AVP movies, and I don't think it worked very well.

No offense but that seems like a very arbitrary detail to connect the dots on.

I don't think the amount of huggers is the make-or-break component to a Alien film.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

August 16th huh? Aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww WHAT A WAITING PERIOD.

Least I got Godzilla X Kong to help with some of that wait.

And I just realize if there are multiple Aliens, why call it Alien Romulus and not ALIENS Romulus?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Mar 20, 2024, 06:12:57 PMAnd I just realize if there are multiple Aliens, why call it Alien Romulus and not ALIENS Romulus?

Because it wasn't Aliens: Resurrection or Aliens: Covenant either.

BlueMarsalis79

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: RIP77 on Mar 20, 2024, 06:10:03 PMYou signed the script together with your inseparable Rodo Sayagues, but this time you once again have a great brand behind you. Have you had the freedom to say what you wanted in this film?

One hundred percent. We are in a different time, it is no longer the studio that David Fincher dealt with in 'AlienĀ³' (1992), this is completely the opposite. It is another era of cinema, I have made 'Alien: Romulus' with the same freedom with which I made 'Don't Breathe'. The study was great, and I don't say that lightly, it's not always like that, but in this case it really was like that. Steve Asbell, who runs 20th Century Studios, loves the saga and has been working with Ridley since 'Prometheus' (2012). I think that nowadays there is a little more belief that the more freedom you give to the director, especially if the director is like me, who is a screenwriter with Rodo, with my colleague on all the films, they achieve something more. authentic and not something manufactured by a studio. This is, for better and worse, all my fault and Rodo's. It is an auteur film with the blessing and support of the original creators.

Which interview is this from?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed