Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 140,422 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Funny. Covenant's trailer kinda sucks. Very good movie, though!

razeak

razeak

Lifter fight needed something......another edit maybe.....a little better work when she was swinging or something. It was very average.

When I say slasher.....Alien definitely fits that sure.....but not a teen movie atmosphere. That's the fear.

Nightmare Asylum

Only thing I'd change with the lifter setpiece would be having the Alien survive and sneak its way onto the Covenant. Cut Lope's baby entirely.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Mar 09, 2024, 01:09:39 PMTwo highlights of Covenant for me...

The prologue with Weyland and David is wonderful and one of my favourite scenes in the whole franchise.

The micro second glimpse of the Alien behind the glass in the shower rearing it's teeth back was suddenly the Ridley Scott of 1979 again...

The rest is... alright.
The microsecond of the water of the shower falling from the face of the Alien it's awesome too.

I will add the backbuster scene, I really love everything about it

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

I liked Covenant (in a vacuum, therefore not connecting it to the first movie), but the Lifter scene did nothing to me (besides the shot of the Xeno hitting his head against the glass).

Well, i guess the "Cargo Lift" ost hits pretty hard though.

But the scene had too much CGI, so it just felt fake.

If you're going to show the Xeno in broad daylight, you might as well make sure that it looks perfect in every shot, not just two or three.

That is why i think that the final fight with the Protomorph in the Terraforming Bay was way better, since not only was the CGI impressive in pretty much the entirety of the sequence, but it also had a very claustrophobic vibe with the way Daniels had to trap it inside of the truck.

Also tricking the Xeno into jumping at the right moment, so that it gets impaled by a terraforming vehicle as it falls into Planet 4 was way cooler than angry Xeno actively throwing itself at the the Claw from the Lifter.

Also, the movie having 2 Protomorphs actively made the creature have less impact that it should.

The characters defeat the Xeno once in the Cargo Lifter scene, but it's practically an afterthought, not to mention that Lope's baby and the timing behind the impregnation are way too sudden.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 09, 2024, 02:37:45 PMFunny. Covenant's trailer kinda sucks. Very good movie, though!
I really liked both teaser and full trailer actually. Not at same level of the trailers of Prometheus, but there are pretty good

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: aliens13 on Mar 09, 2024, 03:53:39 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 09, 2024, 02:37:45 PMFunny. Covenant's trailer kinda sucks. Very good movie, though!
I really liked both teaser and full trailer actually. Not at same level of the trailers of Prometheus, but there are pretty good

I think I was just pretty sour on Covenant on the whole before release, and that impacted my perception of the marketing. Had most of the movie spoiled for me and I didn't like the sound of any of it at all on paper. Combine that with how messy Prometheus was and... I was not hyped. :laugh:

I'm so glad the movie itself, against all odds, completely won me over and flip flopped my perception entirely. Made me entirely regret spoiling the whole thing for myself, too (which is why I went on a nearly full media blackout afterwards for Blade Runner 2049).

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 09, 2024, 03:51:01 PMWell, i guess the "Cargo Lift" ost hits pretty hard though.

This

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 09, 2024, 03:51:01 PMAlso, the movie having 2 Protomorphs actively made the creature have less impact that it should.

And this

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 09, 2024, 03:34:12 PMOnly thing I'd change with the lifter setpiece would be having the Alien survive and sneak its way onto the Covenant. Cut Lope's baby entirely.

What he said

Quote from: aliens13 on Mar 09, 2024, 03:53:39 PMI really liked both teaser and full trailer actually. Not at same level of the trailers of Prometheus, but there are pretty good

Same. I was very hyped for Covenant although I feel I was sold not what I was promised

Darkoo

Darkoo

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 09, 2024, 06:25:52 AMStill expecting Alien Day, but would love to be wrong!

You might be right Mike.
https://twitter.com/trailertrack/status/1767005911946559887

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Darkoo on Mar 11, 2024, 05:26:38 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 09, 2024, 06:25:52 AMStill expecting Alien Day, but would love to be wrong!

You might be right Mike.

If they want to inject life into Alien Day, I can't see any better way of that other than dropping the trailer. Won't be surprised if we get a tease leading up to the release of the trailer too. It could be a good way to build up the hype overall for the day.

hamilton_milo

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 11, 2024, 05:54:26 AM
Quote from: Darkoo on Mar 11, 2024, 05:26:38 AM

You might be right Mike.

If they want to inject life into Alien Day, I can't see any better way of that other than dropping the trailer. Won't be surprised if we get a tease leading up to the release of the trailer too. It could be a good way to build up the hype overall for the day.

Makes sense for it to drop on Alien Day for sure! Although I've just had a look at the release calendar and The First Omen drops on April 5th, which is also a 20th Century studios film. Feels like there is a chance this thing could drop online within the next few weeks.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Daniel Richtman made a Romulus post 7 hours ago but it's locked behind his patreon.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 09, 2024, 02:06:21 PM"Saw the trailer through a survey but it has a watermark because its not supposed to be shared. Trust me this movie finna be fire"

This isn't impossible. Way back in the day, when Prometheus was coming out, that is exactly how we first saw and leaked the Prometheus trailer - through a survey website. The more I think about the V Scooper "leaks" the more I think the details are just from scenes from a trailer.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Mar 11, 2024, 08:49:50 AMDaniel Richtman made a Romulus post 7 hours ago but it's locked behind his patreon.

That's a low blow  ;D

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 11, 2024, 09:13:21 AMThis isn't impossible. Way back in the day, when Prometheus was coming out, that is exactly how we first saw and leaked the Prometheus trailer - through a survey website. The more I think about the V Scooper "leaks" the more I think the details are just from scenes from a trailer.
I do online surveys and I've had TV commercials and one trailer over the last two months.

They usually require recording your face while you watch and you'll lose your money if they find out you've recorded the video.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed