Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 150,706 times)

Mike’s Monsters

You know I told you that via DM! ;)

But for real, I won't go spoiling anything for anyone. I want you all to experience it with your own eyes, and not by reading about it online.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

I loved the scene of Big Chap regenerate looking at the screen and saying, "Now, tell me young fellas, where is that Ripley bitch and her cat?".

Big Chap had an aussie accent.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Feb 22, 2024, 09:21:40 PMBig Chap had an aussie accent.

Now I know you're lying. We all know Big Chap replicated Ripley's voice.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 22, 2024, 09:37:53 PM
Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Feb 22, 2024, 09:21:40 PMBig Chap had an aussie accent.

That alternative ending idea always intrigued.

The ending itself would be a very memorable and scary one.

I know that the Xeno replicating Ripley's voice had the potential to be very silly, but the idea of that ending is a very interesting one, not to mention eerie.

Of course, that ending would have killed the franchise, since Aliens would never be made, but it's fascinating to think about.

Mike’s Monsters

Twist.

It was David's voice.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 22, 2024, 09:43:55 PM

Twist.

It was David's voice.

Like father, like son.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

You guys now have me fully expecting a scene in which Big Chap steps aboard the Romulus, looks around and says; "my, my... so many good souls."  :-\

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Feb 23, 2024, 07:54:03 AMYou guys now have me fully expecting a scene in which Big Chap steps aboard the Romulus, looks around and says; "my, my... so many good souls."  :-\

That's the spirit.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 23, 2024, 10:41:32 AMThat's the spirit.

Me and fog on little cat feet.

solace97

solace97

Forgive my greediness but when the hell are we going to hear more on this or at least get a trailer. August doesn't feel too far away now

Mike’s Monsters

Normal marketing is very short windows these days. Most movies have a 3 month window or less with their marketing strategies, so nothing out of the ordinary here.

Expect Spring. The patience will pay off.

BigDaddyJohn

Could an official, more detailed synopsis be released before that ?

Darkoo

Darkoo

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 26, 2024, 01:16:18 AMNormal marketing is very short windows these days. Most movies have a 3 month window or less with their marketing strategies, so nothing out of the ordinary here.

Is there a chance  that we'll see  Alien Romulus panel (with exclusive footage) at WonderCon?
This is the next big geek thing that coming in March.
https://www.comic-con.org/wc/

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 26, 2024, 09:56:14 AMCould an official, more detailed synopsis be released before that ?

Anything can happen.

Quote from: Darkoo on Feb 26, 2024, 09:59:30 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 26, 2024, 01:16:18 AMNormal marketing is very short windows these days. Most movies have a 3 month window or less with their marketing strategies, so nothing out of the ordinary here.

Is there a chance  that we'll see  Alien Romulus panel (with exclusive footage) at WonderCon?
This is the next big geek thing that coming in March.
https://www.comic-con.org/wc/

No idea. March could be considered Spring though. I know Collider has been teasing a panel they're hosting, but it could be anything.

https://twitter.com/colliderfrosty/status/1761131060841042391?s=46

Having attended a ton of Wondercons over the years for work, I can't say I'd expect anything from a big IP like ALIEN being shown off there. It's more comics, and muuuch smaller films, if any. And with a lot of companies pulling out of advertising at SDCC last year during the strike, it's hard to say how they'll be going forward this year on marketing at expo events like these conventions. But we will find out soon enough.

Nightmare Asylum

CinemaCon, on the other hand, is set for April.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed