Has Alien vs. Predator (2004) aged all that well?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 21, 2019, 12:49:19 AM

Author
Has Alien vs. Predator (2004) aged all that well? (Read 49,089 times)

SM

As much as I hang shit on it, for a lot of people it's their entry point.  The more the merrier.

Nightmare Asylum

AVP was (indirectly) my entry point. Had a bunch of friends talking about it, wanted to see it, went to rent it, and my dad urged me to rent Alien instead. :laugh: Rest is history.

[cancerblack]

Yeah my firsts were the trilogy on VHS.

PAS Spinelli

the first AVP has aged mostly well, it's a fun and harmless movie whose effects aged well

BlueMarsalis79

I think it is as dull as dishwater, nothing worse than being boring and it is boring as f**k. With a director I can not stand in any regard. The Strause Bros I found to be insufferable fanboys but Paul W.S Anderson has scarred people for life under his care with his incompetence. 

426Buddy

426Buddy

I don't mind it so much anymore, it has some nice effects shots and is kinda fun.

Hated it back when it came out, coincided with me abandoning the franchises for years. I didn't see it until a year or more after release either. A friend dragged me to see AvPR in theater and I loathed that movie to it's very core and still do.

I mostly lost interest in the franchises after 2004. When my son was born in 2015 I dove back in completely for some reason. I was crazy excited for Prometheus on 2012 but that fire burned out after seeing that in theaters. At the end credits I gave my brother a look that said "wtf was that supposed to be?".

Local Trouble

I abhor the entire concept of AvP in any medium besides novels or comics.  Keep your soda away from my wine. >:(

SiL

Red wine and cola is delicious.

SM

Local Trouble

Immortan Jonesy

Wweyland

Does that tie into that cork that Sebastian finds in the cave or something?
Might still be better concept than the cave drawing from that other movie though.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 19, 2024, 08:48:00 PMDoes that tie into that cork that Sebastian finds in the cave or something?
Might still be better concept than the cave drawing from that other movie though.

Nah.

Wweyland

The movie does make a nice companion piece to Under the Tuscan Sun, Bova probably filmed them back-to-back.

skull-splitter

AvP, a film I fundamentally disagree with the premise and the influence it had on stories since, but do recognize as being relatively well made under the circumstances if you move with all the changes made to the titular characters.

Perhaps Anderson's best film. It manages to tell an actual story, contrary to the abysmal, non-flowing sequel that was nothing but a collection of "cool shots" that by the time of release even managed to mess up that aspect by color correcting it to hell despite having a near perfect grade trailer.

So AvP? Solid 6/10.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed