Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 150,861 times)

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Darkoo on Jan 25, 2024, 07:55:43 AMThe most interesting thing is, Fede Alvarez and Rodo consulted more with James Cameron instead of Scott

A few weeks ago there was a comment here about Fede Alvarez mentioning a funny story about James Cameorn during a film conference or something like that.

Maybe it's related.

Still Collating...

Quote from: Darkoo on Jan 25, 2024, 07:55:43 AMA Reddit user had the opportunity to speak with Rodo.
https://www.reddit.com/r/blankies/comments/19erlub/made_a_short_film_with_some_friends_that_got_us/
QuoteMade a short film with some friends that got us into the Jose Ignacio International Film Festival. We lost but I got to see May December on a beach (+ talked to the Alien: Romulus writer and got some deets

QuoteNew alien is set on a planet's colony and stars a new cast of younger characters and is very much horror focused. Got to see some amazing set pics, legit excited for it now

Quotewhat I saw bout the new alien: both the writer and director played Alien Isolation and liked it very much (direct quote)

at the same time they consulted more with Cameron instead of Ridley

The most interesting thing is, Fede Alvarez and Rodo consulted more with James Cameron instead of Scott.

Good. They should stay away from Scott as much as possible. Don't want him infecting them with his story ideas.

Darkoo

Darkoo

Quote from: Darkoo on Jan 19, 2024, 11:19:31 PMRumor:
A Hungarian journalist reports that an additional filming is currently taking place in Budapest.
https://www.instagram.com/shazzam/
Alien Romulus's Key makeup artist Sharon Watson appeared in a recent Instagram video in front of the entrance to Origo film studio Budapest. Another indication to the additional filming

One of the actor Aileen Wu hinted in a one-week-old Instagram post that she has arrived in Budapest.

razeak

razeak

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jan 26, 2024, 12:11:50 AM
Quote from: Darkoo on Jan 25, 2024, 07:55:43 AMA Reddit user had the opportunity to speak with Rodo.
https://www.reddit.com/r/blankies/comments/19erlub/made_a_short_film_with_some_friends_that_got_us/
QuoteMade a short film with some friends that got us into the Jose Ignacio International Film Festival. We lost but I got to see May December on a beach (+ talked to the Alien: Romulus writer and got some deets

QuoteNew alien is set on a planet's colony and stars a new cast of younger characters and is very much horror focused. Got to see some amazing set pics, legit excited for it now

Quotewhat I saw bout the new alien: both the writer and director played Alien Isolation and liked it very much (direct quote)

at the same time they consulted more with Cameron instead of Ridley

The most interesting thing is, Fede Alvarez and Rodo consulted more with James Cameron instead of Scott.

Good. They should stay away from Scott as much as possible. Don't want him infecting them with his story ideas.
after the Cameron approved decision in Terminator Dark Fate.....let's keep Cameron away too.

skhellter

skhellter

known hack james cameron..

Immortan Jonesy

Nightmare Asylum

Dark Fate isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it is the only halfway decent post-T2 Terminator movie (which puts it and a million miles ahead of those other three movies).

And both Avatars are excellent, for that matter. I'll take more James Cameron input where I can get it.

The idea of both Scott (in his producing role) and Cameron (as someone that Fede might have bounced some questions off of/consulted with) being involved in whatever capacity here tickles me immensely.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 28, 2024, 12:41:56 AMAnd both Avatars are excellent, for that matter.

I dunno man, I genuinely couldn't make it through the second one. Felt more like a 3 hour tech demo for a new graphics card than an engaging story.

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 28, 2024, 12:57:37 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 28, 2024, 12:41:56 AMAnd both Avatars are excellent, for that matter.

I dunno man, I genuinely couldn't make it through the second one. Felt more like a 3 hour tech demo for a new graphics card than an engaging story.

I have never seen Avatar 2.

[cancerblack]

Good, it's incredibly boring.

Immortan Jonesy

Wait for Avatar² to age. It will be like a glass of Château Beau-Site Haut Vignoble 1960 ~ 🍷

Scott Conover

Avatar 2 f**king slapped. Best movie I've seen in the past 5 years

BlueMarsalis79

Perhaps if you only watch franchised stuff I could see that opinion.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I liked both Avatar flicks but don't love them. I don't return to them really but both are decent sci fi actioners to kill some time.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jan 28, 2024, 04:09:08 PMPerhaps if you only watch franchised stuff I could see that opinion.

To be fair, one could also see Aliens (Cameron's movie) as a franchised stuff.

I have seen people criticize Avatar because of simple Dance with Wolves plot and formulaic characters, while not holding other blockboster properties to the same degree.

I think Avatar gets criticized in ways that other big budget IPs are not, which reeks of double standards and hypocrisy.

But i think that if people took off the blindfold and nostalgia goggles, they would see that those criticisms that easily be used against Aliens and other Cameron movies, even though i love those movies.

The narrative of Aliens is pretty simple and the marines (as funny as Paxton is) are all pretty formulaic and cliche, but the execution of that movie is pretty solid.

Alien (1979) was an artistic piece that with another director and vision, could have easily ended up as some generic B-movie that would have been forgotten to time, while Aliens manages to capitalize on everything that an 80s action movie should strive to be, while still expanding on already existing piece.

At the same time, Aliens manages to be a movie that only Cameron can make, with all of its technological ambition and production scale, but it's very much an over the top action blockbuster from the 80s.

Avatar had wonderful special effects, but the story of that movie (as cliche or as predictable as it was), was made to serve the world and effects of Pandora.

You are not going to capture the audience' heart if you inject The Prestige or Inception type stories into the fantastical world of Pandora, and i don't even think they should, which clearly worked in cameron's favor for both movies.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 28, 2024, 04:31:01 PMI liked both Avatar flicks but don't love them. I don't return to them really but both are decent sci fi actioners to kill some time.

When it comes to Cameron movies, Aliens is my number 1, but the Avatar and Titanic are what's next.

I liked the Termiantors movies, but never really loved them.

Depending on my mood, i don't know if i prefer the more family/character centered approach to Avatar 2: The Way of Water or the scifi take of a stranger on a stranger's land of the first Avatar movie.

I fell in love with Avatar the first time i saw it, and i think a big part of it was because of Jake Sully's introduction to Pandora through the Avatar body.

The entire process in which RDA worked and sent marines and scientits to alien jungles through costumized alien clone bodies was sick and that kind of got lost in the second movie.

The duality of Jake having two bodies and two sides to interact is something that i think the first movie did really well.

Also the Thanators, Banshees and Great Leonopteryx looked increidble, not to mention that the tech from RDA was pretty much Halo brought to life.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed