Has Alien vs. Predator (2004) aged all that well?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 21, 2019, 12:49:19 AM

Author
Has Alien vs. Predator (2004) aged all that well? (Read 50,492 times)

The Cruentus

Quote from: SM on Dec 20, 2023, 11:15:21 PMStacks of movies use ADR and it's not oddly loud or not quite fitting.

Some work better than others, I personally found it was more noticeble in AVP.

SiL

That's just bad ADR; good ADR is noticeable.

The Cruentus

There is just plenty of scenes where I can tell its ADR, the sound and dialogue just isn't quite right. Maybe its just me.

SiL

In AvP, yes.

But you said that it was bad because they used ADR. My point is that it's bad because it's badly done ADR, not just that it simply is ADR.

The Cruentus

Oh I meant that the ADR was done bad, sorry I should been bit more clear. You mentioned a lot of sound issues and I said they used ADR because there was too much noise (I think) and it wasn't well done. ADR has to be used in films from time to time, especially when set and background noise is too much.

HicksFan

I think it still holds up. I love the concept, and I like that Weyland was more selfless than I thought he'd be. It isn't high art, but it is a fun movie to watch.

Stitch

I still find it weird just how many similarities there are between AvP and Prometheus

Acid for Blood

Quote from: Stitch on Jan 27, 2024, 08:50:16 PMI still find it weird just how many similarities there are between AvP and Prometheus

^This! I've always found the similarities fascinating. I remember writing an article about it at the time.

razeak

Quote from: Acid for Blood on Jan 27, 2024, 10:29:39 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Jan 27, 2024, 08:50:16 PMI still find it weird just how many similarities there are between AvP and Prometheus

^This! I've always found the similarities fascinating. I remember writing an article about it at the time.
do you have a link to your article?

Acid_Reign161

After a rewatch tonight... it honestly did nothing for me at all. 😅

And I can't believe I'm actually about to say this (I may retract this opinion again after tomorrow's movie night) but I'm actually starting to think I prefer AVP2:R of the two of them. :o (and I have always ranked that second worst only to 'The Predator') But AvP has changed in my view from "it's ok for what it is" to "yawn". 😅

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jan 28, 2024, 01:56:03 AMAnd I can't believe I'm actually about to say this (I may retract this opinion again after tomorrow's movie night) but I'm actually starting to think I prefer AVP2:R of the two of them.

Welcome to the (literally visually) dark side.

razeak

I showed this to the 6 year old lol.  He liked it. I realized that I like it even less. It's okay for a bit, but falls apart so hard. 4/10.

Acid for Blood

Quote from: razeak on Jan 27, 2024, 11:36:39 PMdo you have a link to your article?

No. Sadly the website isn't around anymore. It would be fun to have another crack at it though.

Samhain13

It was never that good even when I saw it at 10 years old was disapointed, now its worse, no more of the little I felt in some parts young.

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah this thing only becomes infinitely more dull with age.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed