Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 150,658 times)

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

I wonder if Charles is on this one?

SiL

SiL

I don't think he does BTS docs any more.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Jan 06, 2024, 10:13:00 PMI wonder if Charles is on this one?

He's not. I talked to him about it last year and he kinda made it seem like the Prometheus one was his last. He's also focused on directing features over documentaries, but is still doing the docs.

ralfy

ralfy

The production design might look like that of the prequels and atmosphere probably like the one about the thieves stealing things from zombie-infested Vegas.

Given that, they can probably do anything if it's like a spinoff, i.e., set between the first two movies but don't provide any relevant content to either.

Mike’s Monsters

The production design is certainly more like ALIEN & ALIENS than anything from the prequels from what I've seen behind the scenes and of the film itself. I don't think it's set to be as visually stunning as the prequels with sweeping landscapes and such, but the tech, look and vibe felt closer to the first two films. But also with a touch of fresh and new things too, since the movie is being made with todays modern filmmaking technology.

MudButt

MudButt

I've heard vague tidbits here and there and my biggest expectation is the violence.. Fede Alvarez knows how to be brutal so I expect some pretty vicious kills  8) 

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jan 07, 2024, 02:33:21 AMThe production design is certainly more like ALIEN & ALIENS than anything from the prequels from what I've seen behind the scenes and of the film itself. I don't think it's set to be as visually stunning as the prequels with sweeping landscapes and such, but the tech, look and vibe felt closer to the first two films. But also with a touch of fresh and new things too, since the movie is being made with todays modern filmmaking technology.

Well, since Romulus takes place after Alien and before Aliens, I'd think it'd be only logical that the aesthetic more or less reflects that time period.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: MudButt on Jan 07, 2024, 06:56:05 AMI've heard vague tidbits here and there and my biggest expectation is the violence.. Fede Alvarez knows how to be brutal so I expect some pretty vicious kills  8)

Well, Fede's horror movies have all been pretty mean to its characters.

You just know that characters in Romulus will end up being in a really bad spot.

It will probably be really gorey too.

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jan 07, 2024, 02:33:21 AMBut also with a touch of fresh and new things too, since the movie is being made with todays modern filmmaking technology.

And even then, the original Alien movie holds up really well when it comes to filmmaking.

It's timeless as far as i am concerned and looks like it was made today.

Most Ridley Scott and James Cameron movies have this feel.

I am interested how Fede Alvarez's direction and Olivares's cinematography will compare with them.

Scott was a fan of landscape shots and epic vistas, but Romulus seems to be a more isolated and claustrophobic.

MaineXeno

MaineXeno

Screen Rant made a post on twitter about the film having a young cast and the anti-woke morons are all coming out of the woodwork already lmao

The Cruentus

Nothing wrong with a young cast but lets be honest, both woke and anti-woke can be morons. Films should just be films, entertainment.  ;D

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: MudButt on Jan 07, 2024, 06:56:05 AMI've heard vague tidbits here and there and my biggest expectation is the violence..

Anything more you can share without being spoilery?

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Jan 07, 2024, 07:38:18 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Jan 07, 2024, 06:56:05 AMI've heard vague tidbits here and there and my biggest expectation is the violence..

Oh I don't have any scoops. On a Discord server for a podcast one of the hosts who has connections to the franchise creatives just said he's been told this movie is lean & mean. No big additions to lore like the prequels, it's just an alien (or aliens?) out to rip some folks apart.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: MudButt on Jan 07, 2024, 09:08:35 PM(or aliens?)

Now that you mention, i have a feeling that this movie will play out like Alien Isolation.

The marketing will make it seem like there is only one Xeno running around, but then there will be a twist that there are more Xenos running around and the possibility of there even being a nest.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: MudButt on Jan 07, 2024, 09:08:35 PM
Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Jan 07, 2024, 07:38:18 PM

Oh I don't have any scoops. On a Discord server for a podcast one of the hosts who has connections to the franchise creatives just said he's been told this movie is lean & mean. No big additions to lore like the prequels, it's just an alien (or aliens?) out to rip some folks apart.

This is accurate. Lean and mean, right to the point. No crazy expansions to lore or anything. There's going to be new stuff, there always is in a new movie. But it's not going to be like Covenant and Prometheus in terms of additions.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jan 07, 2024, 09:32:22 PMThis is accurate. Lean and mean, right to the point.

That seems like a Fede Alvarez movie alright.

Evil Dead and Don't Breathe were really mean to its characters, so add potential acid injuries and chestbursters into the mix and these youngsters are in for a bad time.

Fede Alvarez loves to flex his practical gore effects, so a brutal acid injury is pretty much confirmed as far as i am concerned.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed