What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 608,622 times)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: SM on Dec 27, 2023, 10:45:20 PMIs it Covid?

I'm not sure.  Some folk think it is others think it isn't.  I'm still waiting on a test to find out.  I hope it isn't as I've managed to avoid catching it since covid first started.

SM

SM

Fingers crossed.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Insider blu-ray really hates my PS5. The audio only works when I plug in headphones.

SiL

SiL

Getting absolutely smashed by storms. Hurricane swept through the city on Christas night and took out power to 130,000 homes. I was lucky to get power back after 8 hours but some people still have none -- and today we have torrential rain causing widespread, massive flooding, so all repair efforts are on hold and even more damage is sweeping in.

It is apocalyptic.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sorry to hear that, SiL. :( The weather in the UK has been stormy lately, but nothing to that extent at all.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Back at work!

SiL

SiL

Weather's f**ked.

Work is f**ked.

I'm just going to yeet myself into floodwater.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: SiL on Jan 01, 2024, 03:12:06 AMGetting absolutely smashed by storms. Hurricane swept through the city on Christas night and took out power to 130,000 homes. I was lucky to get power back after 8 hours but some people still have none -- and today we have torrential rain causing widespread, massive flooding, so all repair efforts are on hold and even more damage is sweeping in.

It is apocalyptic.
:o That is crazy!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Jan 02, 2024, 10:31:07 AMWeather's f**ked.

Work is f**ked.

I'm just going to yeet myself into floodwater.

How long is it forecast to be this bad?

SiL

SiL

It's clearing, but who knows when it'll be back. Everything's so damaged around the place a stiff breeze will ruin everything.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Is that from the storm or just is?

SiL

SiL

From half a week of storms then the flood a week later.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: SiL on Jan 03, 2024, 10:34:40 AMFrom half a week of storms then the flood a week later.

sil

is there any danger to your food supply chain? food security? my sister is going to visit her daughter in melbourne for a 3 month period from the 18th of january. ticket paid etc etc. any chance flights yo melbourne might be in jeopardy?

sorry . i mean you have some serious things to attend to than other peoples questions. i hope things turns better. if nothing else the aussies are some of the best organised people in the world.

good luck to you and your family.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: oduodu on Jan 03, 2024, 11:35:01 AMsil

is there any danger to your food supply chain? food security? my sister is going to visit her daughter in melbourne for a 3 month period from the 18th of january. ticket paid etc etc. any chance flights yo melbourne might be in jeopardy?
Shelves are a bit bare in the supermarkets for certain items but generally fine.

Melbourne is fine; I'm about 1700km (about a thousand miles) north of there. She shouldn't have any troubles.

oduodu

oduodu

good luck

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed