Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 150,778 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 20, 2023, 06:33:58 PMIMDb can be inaccurate too. Sometimes false information gets put up until it's verified by the actual source. Many actors and crew have to update their own IMDb pages themselves. So just know that everything may not be accurate at this moment there. And also that many haven't updated and added that film to their resume yet because it's not out. So IMDb won't paint a full picture at this moment in time, and may not be a perfect reference until closer to or after release.

Yeah, we had HudaFuk on Prometheus 2's IMDB page for a little while as a joke. He was going to play Janek's twin white brother Jenak. Someone else also put Danny Webb as Morse on there.

Another wag (wasn't me) put Aaron Percival on Alien: Covenant's (aka Alien: Paradise Lost) Wikipedia page. He of course was going to play Corporal Hicks.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Dec 20, 2023, 06:23:56 PMThe Protomorph had some incredible CGI shots, like when it was bashing its head against the glass, the headbite shower scene or when Daniels trapped it inside of a vehicle, but the rest of its scenes were quite bad.

Praetomorph. The Protomorph is a species of pseudo-Xenomorph created by the Fulfremmen, including the Deacon.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Dec 20, 2023, 06:50:38 PM
Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Dec 20, 2023, 06:23:56 PMThe Protomorph had some incredible CGI shots, like when it was bashing its head against the glass, the headbite shower scene or when Daniels trapped it inside of a vehicle, but the rest of its scenes were quite bad.

Praetomorph. The Protomorph is a species of pseudo-Xenomorph created by the Fulfremmen, including the Deacon.

These Xeno sub-species names are getting out of control.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 20, 2023, 06:48:12 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 20, 2023, 06:33:58 PMIMDb can be inaccurate too. Sometimes false information gets put up until it's verified by the actual source. Many actors and crew have to update their own IMDb pages themselves. So just know that everything may not be accurate at this moment there. And also that many haven't updated and added that film to their resume yet because it's not out. So IMDb won't paint a full picture at this moment in time, and may not be a perfect reference until closer to or after release.

Yeah, we had HudaFuk on Prometheus 2's IMDB page for a little while as a joke. He was going to play Janek's twin white brother Jenak. Someone else also put Danny Webb as Morse on there.

Another wag (wasn't me) put Aaron Percival on Alien: Covenant's (aka Alien: Paradise Lost) Wikipedia page. He of course was going to play Corporal Hicks.

I did it know this lol

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Dec 20, 2023, 06:50:38 PM

I'm sure this is official naming, but this is sooooo close to the same name that it looks nitpicky on the surface. I wish they'd use a different term or something. I feel like an uneducated casual fan when it comes to some of these naming conventions. I thought they were called Neomorphs? Or am I completely misunderstanding.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 20, 2023, 06:48:12 PM

Corporal has its own article in Xenopedia ;D

Quote from: XenopediaIn 2183, Percival was stationed in Garrison System Delta of the Crestus Garrison Systems and placed in command of the 4th Recon Battalion of the 7th Marine Garrison, operating in the Outer Rim Territories and the Frontier.

▶️ Aeron Percival

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 20, 2023, 06:57:28 PM
Quote from: XenopediaIn 2183, Percival was stationed in Garrison System Delta of the Crestus Garrison Systems and placed in command of the 4th Recon Battalion of the 7th Marine Garrison, operating in the Outer Rim Territories and the Frontier.

Hicks certainly gets around. Is that from a comic or a book?

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 20, 2023, 06:59:42 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 20, 2023, 06:57:28 PM

Hicks certainly gets around. Is that from a comic or a book?

I think it must be from the Free League RPG.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 20, 2023, 07:02:46 PMI think it must be from the Free League RPG.

Nice, he certainly deserves to be immortalized in the Alienverse.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 20, 2023, 06:56:33 PMI'm sure this is official naming, but this is sooooo close to the same name that it looks nitpicky on the surface. I wish they'd use a different term or something. I feel like an uneducated casual fan when it comes to some of these naming conventions. I thought they were called Neomorphs? Or am I completely misunderstanding.

Protomorphs = includes the Trilobite and Deacon, created by the Fulfremmen.

Neomorphs = the creatures spawned by spores in Covenant; they have since made other appearances.

Praetomorphs = Xenomorph variant created by David. Possibly the first successful iteration of an artificially-created Xenomorph.

Xenomorphs = duh.

Hope this helps!

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Dec 20, 2023, 07:13:17 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 20, 2023, 06:56:33 PMI'm sure this is official naming, but this is sooooo close to the same name that it looks nitpicky on the surface. I wish they'd use a different term or something. I feel like an uneducated casual fan when it comes to some of these naming conventions. I thought they were called Neomorphs? Or am I completely misunderstanding.

Protomorphs = includes the Trilobite and Deacon, created by the Fulfremmen.

Neomorphs = the creatures spawned by spores in Covenant; they have since made other appearances.

Praetomorphs = Xenomorph variant created by David. Possibly the first successful iteration of an artificially-created Xenomorph.

Xenomorphs = duh.

Hope this helps!

See, I knew I was wrong. But even with this being official naming conventions, I think the names are TOO close to each other. I totally get them, just wish they could use terms that don't sound exactly the same. Protomorph and Praetomorph and wayyyyy to close and easy to get confused in my case. I honestly thought you guys were referring to a Praetorian for a second. 😅

I'm aware im being very nitpicky here lol. I'm going to just stick to calling them Neomorphs, Deacons, David's Xenos and the like for my own sanity and lack of confusion lol.

Thank you for the info Slutty Badger!

The Cruentus

I think protomorph was coined by the folks as that sci fi magazine.
Really speaking Xenomorph is something that should probably not be used as an official name for the species, since its just a phrase to mean strange-shape or something.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 20, 2023, 08:19:36 PMI think protomorph was coined by the folks as that sci fi magazine.
Really speaking Xenomorph is something that should probably not be used as an official name for the species, since its just a phrase to mean strange-shape or something.

Xenomorph XX121, then, if we're being technical.

Mike’s Monsters

Now I know that lost feeling my girlfriend has when I start talking about the design changes between the first 4 films. I get the technicalities, but I think they may be too technical for my simple brain. Feeling like a filthy causal over here today!  :laugh:

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Dec 20, 2023, 08:30:29 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 20, 2023, 08:19:36 PMI think protomorph was coined by the folks as that sci fi magazine.

Xenomorph XX121, then, if we're being technical.

That is just a designation by W-Y researchers though, still not a species name. Its not an issue, since such designation is expected from scientists studying a specimen, but its laymen's term name should be better than just "xenomorph".  :laugh:

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 20, 2023, 08:39:56 PMNow I know that lost feeling my girlfriend has when I start talking about the design changes between the first 4 films. I get the technicalities, but I think they may be too technical for my simple brain. Feeling like a filthy causal over here today!  :laugh:

Feeling casual? get your nose into some Alien media at once!!!  XD

Slutty Badger

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 20, 2023, 08:42:30 PMThat is just a designation by W-Y researchers though, still not a species name. Its not an issue, since such designation is expected from scientists studying a specimen, but its laymen's term name should be better than just "xenomorph".  :laugh:

How about "Alien"?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed