Has Alien vs. Predator (2004) aged all that well?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 21, 2019, 12:49:19 AM

Author
Has Alien vs. Predator (2004) aged all that well? (Read 50,521 times)

thomasmariel33

Visually, atmospherically, the 2004 classic is a split sword. This means that the visual nature, of the movie lends to either perception of its quality. Is the movie good, is it bad?

In my opinion, the movie is brilliant, for a subtext of philosophy that the movie possesses due to the nature of the casting.

Sanaa Lathan, of course, is like a Denzel Washington awareness, or like a Robert Redford awareness; this can intimidate the viewer, depending of course on the viewer's sociology background and personality matrix, and so, there's that framework, in turn supporting the ideology of the split sword

SM

Dunno about intimidating - just not terribly interesting.

https://youtu.be/3XM2M2-6aVI?si=aGexMzFpOBuNKZKR

Acid_Reign161

"Has AvP (2004) aged all that well?"

To answer this question I propose a practical; take a shit in a jar. Leave it on a shelf for 20 years. Has it became a fine vintage wine? 😂

Wweyland

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Nov 04, 2023, 01:22:35 AM"Has AvP (2004) aged all that well?"

To answer this question I propose a practical; take a shit in a jar. Leave it on a shelf for 20 years. Has it became a fine vintage wine? 😂
I also propose a practical. For 20 years, all the shelves and the shop have been filled with massive jars of bigger shit. It has not become fine wine, but it does not look so bad anymore.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Wweyland on Nov 05, 2023, 11:49:52 AM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Nov 04, 2023, 01:22:35 AM"Has AvP (2004) aged all that well?"

I also propose a practical. For 20 years, all the shelves and the shop have been filled with massive jars of bigger shit. It has not become fine wine, but it does not look so bad anymore.

...but ultimately, the contents are still shit.. 💩

BlueMarsalis79

It is still one of the most awful of jars.

SiL

AvP is a masterpiece that somehow didn't get picked up by the masses, but is still one of the greatest works of art.

BlueMarsalis79

It is still the second or third worst film in either franchise, rivalling The Predator, eclipsed by Requiem.

Paul W.S "deglove" Anderson...

[cancerblack]

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SiL on Nov 05, 2023, 12:50:36 PMAvP is a masterpiece that somehow didn't get picked up by the masses, but is still one of the greatest works of art.

I... want to believe you're serious. I really do. Truly.

But knowing the hate boner this forum has for the movie, I... I don't want to get my hopes up.

SiL

I mean I don't at all think it's a masterpiece but it has a very special place in my heart.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Nov 07, 2023, 04:29:18 AMI mean I don't at all think it's a masterpiece but it has a very special place in my heart.

How old were you when you first saw it?

SiL

13. I was precisely the right target audience for it.

I never thought it was a good as the originals, but I always liked it.

Local Trouble

AvPR must have been a real kick to the balls for you then.

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 07, 2023, 09:54:12 AMAvPR must have been a real kick to the balls for you then.
I was 16 when that came out so right at the maturity level the filmmakers were aiming at.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed