What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 608,320 times)

Retropocalypse

Retropocalypse

Do you ever look at yourself in the mirror and think, "Hey, you're not so bad looking? Chin up, you'll find someone eventually."

And then see yourself in new photos and immediately notice all the flaws in your appearance? So you start questioning if what you're seeing in the mirror is true, and whether someone would be attracted to you at all?

Yeah. It sucks.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It is because we have trained ourselves to look at ourselves unconsciously a certain way in the mirror, add to this focal lengths, a reversed image than what we are used to, and when you see what you really look like it is repulsive because it contradicts our inner narrative.

I am myself in a really dark place currently because of this, I would give anything to get FFS yesterday.

Retropocalypse

Retropocalypse

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 04, 2023, 11:44:28 AMIt is because we have trained ourselves to look at ourselves unconsciously a certain way in the mirror, add to this focal lengths, a reversed image than what we are used to, and when you see what you really look like it is repulsive because it contradicts our inner narrative.

I am myself in a really dark place currently because of this, I would give anything to get FFS yesterday.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Blue. I've been going through phases of it myself.

One minute I'm like, "f**k it, it is what it is. I'll accept who I am and move on." The next, "I need to improve my appearance. I'm not confident with what I look like and I'm unhappy with my face/body/hair (or whatever)."

It's a vicious cycle.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Think I'm going to have a heart attack today. Everyone is making me absolutely furious today.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

You work for a prison, can you not just sling them all in the cells?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 06, 2023, 02:38:49 PMThink I'm going to have a heart attack today. Everyone is making me absolutely furious today.

): hope things get better

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 06, 2023, 02:38:49 PMThink I'm going to have a heart attack today. Everyone is making me absolutely furious today.

Are you dealing with issues that you wouldn't have been expected to deal with before you became a manager?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 06, 2023, 04:41:41 PM

Are you dealing with issues that you wouldn't have been expected to deal with before you became a manager?

Not really. I spent 2020 to the start of this year during all that kind of crap anyway.

SM

SM

Isn't that just every day ending in 'y'?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm mostly just disappointed by people usually.

SM

SM

You need to adjust your expectations.

Or do yoga.

Adjusting your expectations is probably cheaper though.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They're already on the floor. That's the disappointing thing.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Trouble and I are here to help.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed