What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 599,685 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 28, 2023, 01:42:58 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 25, 2023, 03:39:50 PMHell on Earth is fantastic live.
Speaking of live, I was massively torn on going to their latest tour, because while Senjutsu is probably my least favourite Maiden album, Somewhere in Time is my favourite.

I didn't bother in the end, but now I kinda wish I had.

Honestly you really should have  :o

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I can never decide if that film is utter trash or absolute genius. Probably both at the same time :laugh:

Still can't get over the fight scene that somehow manages to be in perfect time to "U Can't Touch This".

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The fact that most of it is just Oedekirk talking to himself is genius.  :laugh:

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 06, 2023, 08:03:02 PMI can never decide if that film is utter trash or absolute genius. Probably both at the same time :laugh:

Still can't get over the fight scene that somehow manages to be in perfect time to "U Can't Touch This".
The dog barking with the poorly timed dub lives rent free in my mind to this day.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

For me it's the delivery on "that's a lot of nuts".

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The Return of the Kradan

All that is red is not ketchup.
Not all who do not post are lost.

Local Trouble

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Tbf does anyone buy physical media in stores any more?

I quite often pop into HMV for a browse, but I can't remember the last time they actually had something I was after in stock. And they're a shop dedicated to physical media.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

It depends on what im looking for tbh.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Still buy physical media but usually order online.

Don't know why trouble is happy about it? Does he have some kind of vendetta against physical media or is the guy just crazy?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

My first overnight shift went well.

Blackdawn

Blackdawn

I finally got the pair of prescription glasses I wanted.

I know that may seem silly. Being happy over a pair of glasses when people are happy to get a house or a vehicle. I'm quite easy to please.

Every year if I apply for Preventative Care options through work I get $75 off a month on my health insurance. Eye Care is one of them and there's a place that offers deal on an eye exam with two frames. I can walk out with an eye exam, two pairs of frames, tinted with anti-glare lenses for less than $200.

Last year I was there they had these thick blue glasses that were bamboo accent. It's designed to look like bamboo and there's actual bamboo on the sides, but the frames cost $300 last year. Go in yesterday and they still had the same frames but were $200 now. I've never really spent $200 on myself like that and grabbed them.

After my eye exam, promo deals, anti-glare lenses and my blue tint lenses. I paid less than $200 for everything.

Don't have the glasses yet as they had to be sent off to be tinted, but am happy I finally got the glasses I actually wanted.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Blackdawn on Oct 17, 2023, 03:29:41 PMI know that may seem silly. Being happy over a pair of glasses when people are happy to get a house or a vehicle. I'm quite easy to please.

Not silly at all! 😃 (you should have seen how excited I was when I picked up a table-top ironing board that fit perfectly on the small worktop of the rather tiny kitchen in our apartment - almost as if it were custom made for it, *and* it had a hook built-in to hang it in the wardrobe next to my t-shirts! Or maybe that really is just my age showing haha 🤣 ) Sometimes it's the little things! 😁

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Sitting reminiscing - taking a trip down memory lane and just remembering the early 90s.. when there were only 3 Alien movies, 2 Predator movies and 2 Terminator films. My 8-9 year old self enjoying Kenner's T2 figures/toys before discovering the Alien movies and having the most fun/best years of my life lost in imagination with the Alien /Predator toys. VHS and Laserdiscs... Saturday night movie premieres.. weekend trips to the video rental outlets. Multiple trips to the multiplex to see Jurassic Park... TNG/DS9 on Sky every night with the weekly anticipation of Voyager on the way. Trading Star Trek micro machines with friends.2000ad comics. The X-files season 1. Catching re-runs of 'War of the Worlds' season 1&2 in the early hours. Army of Darkness. Sonic 1/2/3/& Knuckles on Megadrive and Sonic the comic. What a time to be alive.

Memberberries. 😌

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed