What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 599,624 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Ill ask him next time. But yeah probably talked with him for 10 minutes. Such an amazing guy.

oduodu

oduodu

ferrari back on top in f1.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Finally got a new podcast episode out.

Ingwar

Ingwar

2024! :o

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Looking forward to it. Since Accident of Birth, Bruce's solo output has frequently eclipsed Maiden's imo.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Well, it's always matter of taste. Brave New World, A Matter of Life and Death and the newest, Senjutsu are great albums.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Indeed. Senjutsu might be my least favourite Maiden album ever :laugh:

Ingwar

Ingwar

Seriously? :)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Im really looking forward to this. The fact its been nearly 20 years since his last solo album is crazy.

Also Dance of Death is my least favourite Maiden album lol

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Ingwar on Sep 22, 2023, 12:43:59 PMSeriously? :)
Yep.

"Writing on the Wall" was decent but the rest I found to be unbelievably dull and repetitive, even more so than the few preceding albums which I also found really repetitive.

Brave New World was the last really solid end-to-end album they made in my eyes.

Ingwar

Ingwar

After first listening I didn't like it either but it's a grower. The Parchment and Hell on Earth are truly amazing tracks.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Hell on Earth is fantastic live.
That does seem to be the case with some of Maiden's songs lately. They are written more to be performed live, rather than given life on the album

Prez

Prez

I love pretty much 99% of Maiden stuff (except the Blaze era). Senjitsu and Book of Souls were both brilliant and for me personally most modern Maiden stuff is very much `grower' listening.

Jimmy Cameron on the 4K Abyss status https://www.darkhorizons.com/cameron-confirms-the-abyss-4k-coming/

TC

TC

Quote from: Prez on Sep 28, 2023, 01:11:32 PM...
Jimmy Cameron on the 4K Abyss status https://www.darkhorizons.com/cameron-confirms-the-abyss-4k-coming/

This is a terrible thing to say on an Alien fansite but I sometimes think The Abyss is a better film than Aliens. There... I said it!

TC

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 25, 2023, 03:39:50 PMHell on Earth is fantastic live.
Speaking of live, I was massively torn on going to their latest tour, because while Senjutsu is probably my least favourite Maiden album, Somewhere in Time is my favourite.

I didn't bother in the end, but now I kinda wish I had.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed