Aliens: Dark Descent

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Jun 09, 2022, 06:09:08 PM

Author
Aliens: Dark Descent (Read 58,638 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Before the big blue goofballs introduced in Prometheus, I always just assumed the jockeys had collected them.  It looks all like part of the ship, even if it is below ground, so I always considered the ship to either be sitting on top of a base, or just had been there long enough parts of it were submerged. 

Prometheus and Covenant the concerned parties had the black goo which they can do anything with.  Because it is magic.  Just wait.  Marvel is going to have an Alien snorting a line of that shit and punching superman into a blackhole. 

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 16, 2023, 01:23:30 AMJust wait.  Marvel is going to have an Alien snorting a line of that shit and punching superman into a blackhole.

SOLD !

Wweyland

Wweyland

Finally snatched this up during the 20% Steam Sale

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Game is on sale right now on Steam, 25% off. I finally grabbed it tonight. Got it installing now, not sure when I'm gonna get to start playing but fingers crossed this weekend! Some of the spoilery stuff I've seen from it has me very intrigued.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Welp, only played through the tutorial mission so far (and only playing on medium), but I already died a few times during the stealth portion!

Can already tell this one is going to get tense. Really liking the look/feel of it so far. Definitely getting a heavy Dark Horse sensibility right off the bat, too.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I have also finished only the tutorial mission. I have a fear of "doing it wrong" and losing a lot of progress.

One thing that seriously throws me off is that the camera keeps spinning after each cutscene (which there are a lot of). I have played quite a lot of RTS-ses and like the camera to have "Up is North".
Now I have to rotate it all the time, otherwise, I get seriously disoriented.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 08, 2023, 09:08:27 PMOne thing that seriously throws me off is that the camera keeps spinning after each cutscene (which there are a lot of). I have played quite a lot of RTS-ses and like the camera to have "Up is North".
Now I have to rotate it all the time, otherwise, I get seriously disoriented.

I started getting used to it a bit as the tutorial was going on but, yeah, this also threw me off a bit initially.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Currently on sale on Steam -25%

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Motion Capture, includes spoilers:

Uploaded the same day:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/PXBZZo

Corporal Hicks

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

Welp, at least now you can  try to make your own full on cybernetic team. lots of limbs will be shed.

BigChapismyBestFriend

BigChapismyBestFriend

So is this like if I do the new game plus it's just gonna be the same thing again while I have stronger men or is this like the dead space remake where things are a little bit different around.

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

You can change the diffiuclty levl.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

The new game plus isn't too special. Tried it and my main squad didn't get ported over which was such a shame... They screwed something up greatly there. But the thing that excited me was the additional optional sliders! That's how you do custom difficulty! You know how a normal Alien attack takes 1 block of health/armor away? You can change that now up to 6 (+5). Yes, one small attack can take out 6 bars! Nice, that's just what I want. Difficulty done not by making the enemies health spongier, but by increasing their damage (speed and or number of Aliens in an Onslaught would be my wish as well but I can live with this...). You can also start the infestation level of the planet to whatever you choose. For us who like to make the game hard but fair/realistic, this is so good!

Still, really wasn't expecting this kind of update about the new features and New game plus (which is a bit underwhelming). I wonder what they have in store for the future updates?

ralfy

ralfy

It's like the same game with new skins, e.g., Alien, Fallout, Wasteland, etc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed