Author
All Star Trek (Read 346,368 times)

ace3g

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I enjoyed it. Was really charming.

Prez

Prez

Whilst I'm enjoying SNW I must admit the episodes feel rather `filler' at times this season so far.

Spoiler
Spock as a whiny human with almost teenager like moods was rather funny though
[close]

Also the choice of actor to play James T Kirk has actually grown on me now.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

I never thought I will see the day when the Klingons will break out with a K-pop boy band song, but here they are doing it:

I love this. The writers said they will be pushing new ideas and boundaries in season 2. They sure are.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I fully expect Hawley's Alien show to have a similar episode at some point. That's what modern audiences want, apparently.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 06, 2023, 02:01:38 AMI fully expect Hawley's Alien show to have a similar episode at some point. That's what modern audiences want, apparently.

Hahaha, nah, if I ever seen Aliens doing a dance move or the Predator singing opera on screen, that would be the end of both franchises.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Cougerboy on Aug 06, 2023, 01:56:29 AMI never thought I will see the day when the Klingons will break out with a K-pop boy band song, but here they are doing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arQcprQvHOo
I love this. The writers said they will be pushing new ideas and boundaries in season 2. They sure are.

To be fair...that episode was really good! I wasn't too keen on the grand finale song, but the opening song and Chapels' were really really catchy!

Prez

Prez

I've avoided this episode as I'm not to keen on it but I guess I have to boldly go eventually.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 07, 2023, 08:39:16 AM
Quote from: Cougerboy on Aug 06, 2023, 01:56:29 AMI never thought I will see the day when the Klingons will break out with a K-pop boy band song, but here they are doing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arQcprQvHOo

To be fair...that episode was really good! I wasn't too keen on the grand finale song, but the opening song and Chapels' were really really catchy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiHTjE95EJE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBDVKilCGAQ

I found the episode enjoyable as well. A musical isn't easy to do. You have to have the right composers coming up with the right songs, and a proper choreographer to do the dance moves and both have to move the story along. And the actors of course has to sing...without going out of tune, auto-tune don't suffice, as that is easy to detect nowadays and would be seen as "cheating". I read it took a long time for the producers, screenwriters and director to prepare this episode.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Reminds me of the Buffy episode where everyone broke into song (and there was an in-universe explanation!)

Immortan Jonesy

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Prez on Aug 08, 2023, 12:19:56 AMI've avoided this episode as I'm not to keen on it but I guess I have to boldly go eventually.

Ok took the plunge last night. Expected absolute cringe however found it surprisingly good and I liked how they tied it all in. Very clever.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Watching DS9 for the first time, watched TNG years ago, Garak might be my favourite character in all of Star Trek honestly.

Like... what a performance.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 21, 2023, 07:22:59 PMWatching DS9 for the first time, watched TNG years ago, Garak might be my favourite character in all of Star Trek honestly.

Like... what a performance.

Pound for pound, DS9 is probably the best Trek we've ever had.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed