Prey receives Emmy nomination for Outstanding TV Movie (and more!)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 12, 2023, 04:05:08 PM

Author
Prey receives Emmy nomination for Outstanding TV Movie (and more!) (Read 17,738 times)

SiL

I'm not saying it's inexplicable.

Just that not explaining it sort of stands out.

This is all.

Yautja888

Quote from: skhellter on Jul 16, 2023, 07:27:15 PM
Quote from: Yautja888 on Jul 16, 2023, 06:35:21 PMWait, I should base my opinion on other people's opinions ? :laugh:  :laugh:

you dislike Prey because of "its politics".

Your fave youtuber probably said something mean about it and you cried.  :'(

I don't care about youtubers's opinions. I don't do politics, I don't even vote.:laugh:
I hate Prey for the same reasons I hate The Predator, or Predators, or AVP or AVPR.
They don't possess the fundamental elements I need for a Predator movie. As I said before
I'm a romantic. I need my Winston designed preds, I need Silvestri's score.I need my skinned
human bodies. I need pratical fx. I'd pratically need panavision lenses too. :laugh:
Let's respect each other opinions.I know it's not gonna happen but maybe the fanbase will
ask for what I'm asking too, at least concerning the preds design.Miracles happen.

kwisatz

The fanbase has spoken.

xShadowFoxX

The miracle being that we got an actual Predator movie that's critically acclaimed by critics, fans and audiences.

Local Trouble

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Jul 23, 2023, 05:52:45 AMThe miracle being that we got an actual Predator movie that's critically acclaimed by critics, fans and audiences.

An MTV Movie Award is the best that any Predator movie should ever get.

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 23, 2023, 08:28:02 AM
Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Jul 23, 2023, 05:52:45 AMThe miracle being that we got an actual Predator movie that's critically acclaimed by critics, fans and audiences.

Wasn't the original nominated for an Oscar?

Local Trouble

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Jul 23, 2023, 08:42:30 AM

For VFX, yeah.  Not for anything close to Best Picture though.

xShadowFoxX

Local Trouble

>:(

You should go see Dial of Destiny again.

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 23, 2023, 09:02:37 AM>:(

You should go see Dial of Destiny again.

The once was enough for me.

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 23, 2023, 08:44:25 AM

It's easy to forget the cloak was truly groundbreaking and a hell of an achievement at the time.

These days I can remake it in about ten minutes in After Effects.

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: SiL on Jul 23, 2023, 10:51:08 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 23, 2023, 08:44:25 AM

It's easy to forget the cloak was truly groundbreaking and a hell of an achievement at the time.

These days I can remake it in about ten minutes in After Effects.

Ain't that the truth. Even though newer films can do the cloaking better nowadays, I almost always return to the original, and even Predator 2 to some regard, because, I don't know why, I just prefer that original, wavy cloak rather than the more modern, more detailed cloaking.

ralfy

Concerning "fundamental elements," I think some would involve something believable and unique. In this case, we had a goober predator which helped what appears to be a superhero. I would have considered a smart but injured predator facing a tribe and community of trappers that need to work with each other to survive.

ace3g

'Prey' is first TV movie in 9 years to receive writing AND directing Emmy nominations

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/prey-first-tv-movie-9-203021366.html

ace3g

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed