What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 608,736 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Had a real bad case of toothache this night. Hardly slept more than 3 hours. Ugh

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 02, 2023, 07:03:19 AMHad a real bad case of toothache this night. Hardly slept more than 3 hours. Ugh

Did you rub some vodka on it?

Kradan

Kradan

No

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 03, 2023, 06:46:41 AMNo

Dear Kradan,

I hope this letter finds you in good spirits, although I have reason to believe that your spirits might be dampened by a certain dental predicament. Fear not, dear friend, for I come bearing a peculiar solution that will make you grin from ear to ear. Or at least, relieve that bothersome toothache of yours.

Now, picture this: a little trick passed down through generations, a secret remedy whispered among the wise and the daring. It involves a humble bottle of vodka, that elixir of life, known for its multitude of uses. You might be familiar with its ability to lift spirits and inspire mirth, but did you know it can also lend a helping hand to your aching tooth?

Here's the secret sauce, my friend: take a tiny sip of that tantalizing vodka, let it swirl around your taste buds, and then, brace yourself, for the real magic lies in what comes next. Yes, you heard it right, my audacious accomplice in dental daring – rub a bit of that vodka onto your gums, right where the pain resides.

I can almost envision your skeptical expression, but trust me, there is a method to this madness. The alcohol in the vodka possesses remarkable numbing properties that can offer temporary relief to your toothache. It might tingle, it might sting, but before you know it, the pain will fade away like a distant memory, leaving you free to rejoice and partake in toothache-free activities.

Now, I must impart a word of caution, my brave explorer of unconventional remedies. This little trick is not a substitute for professional dental care, nor should it replace a visit to your trusted toothsmith. Consider it a temporary reprieve, a fleeting respite in your quest for dental serenity.

So, my dear Kradan, may this peculiar advice find you at the crossroads of relief and adventure. Embrace this unconventional dental endeavor, and may your toothache be vanquished like a forgotten foe. And remember, should you require more curious counsel, I remain at your service, ready to explore the uncharted territories of unconventional wisdom.

Your friend,

ChatGPT

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The lady came down with something over the end of this week, so our plans to go to London Film and Comic Con got blown out the airlock. She's on the mend now, but we both had people we wanted to go see so disappointed about it. :(

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'm sorry to hear that.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 09, 2023, 08:43:05 AMThe lady came down with something over the end of this week, so our plans to go to London Film and Comic Con got blown out the airlock. She's on the mend now, but we both had people we wanted to go see so disappointed about it. :(

As the saying goes "...best laid plans".
I've lost count since having kids this has been a similar case for us in our family. It sucks. Hope she is back to 100% soon.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sometimes I just want to scream at people. "Hi, I'm trying to get on my emails but I'm getting an error."

Okay, let me just remote on and have a look with you.

"Oh, I'm nowhere near the PC right now..."

... Same as some twat just left 3 tickets about something we've issued guidance on many f**king times before...and then is now on leave for 2 weeks. Those got closed straight down.

Surrounded by f**king idiots.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Well my job move has been cancelled  :laugh:  :laugh:  :'(

The parent company Empire Cinemas have gone into Administration and because of that, The Manager who was gonna bring me over has said to stay at the pub. Its a bugger but its understandable. His is one of the few sites staying open while they look for a new buyer, but to be on the safe side he's not gonna be an arse (his words lol) and bring someone over when they dont know the future.

I really feel bad for him as he left the pub as well to run the cinema site, because the heads of Empire headhunted him to give him his job back 6 months ago. Hopefully the site can be saved

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Trying to finish setting up an account for a rewards scheme, to access the saved points, that my dad signed up for without an email address or creating a password, and whose website only has email contact, no phone line, so it's a waiting game too.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Running on so little sleep since Sunday for one reason or another. Not helped by a 3am run to A&E Monday night because a Thick Wooden Window Frame dropped onto my fingers at work, all because someone jammed a reserve sign into the window frame to stop it from falling. The effort to remove it caused the accident.

Luckily nothing broken, but they did have to burn a hole into a finger nail to release the pressure caused by the blood build up under my nail and finger.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Ouch!! I'm already squeamish thinking about that! Glad it's nothing worse though.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 14, 2023, 09:25:19 PMTrying to finish setting up an account for a rewards scheme, to access the saved points, that my dad signed up for without an email address or creating a password, and whose website only has email contact, no phone line, so it's a waiting game too.

No email contact from these people. Possible phone contact, but it's always "private number" (can't call it back) and at a time I can't answer, so, eh.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Stumbled upon RPG Codex today, what a pit.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Sinéad O'Connor's passed away.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed