Kradan is pretty OK at the moment

Started by Kradan, Aug 05, 2020, 07:28:53 AM

Author
Kradan is pretty OK at the moment (Read 64,097 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 12, 2023, 11:22:53 AMWrong. ChatGPT is Bishop II trying to f**k us over using the image of good old Bishop

Spoiler
Dear Kradan,

I trust this message finds you well and brimming with enthusiasm for our shared passion, the rich tapestry that is the Alien universe. Today, I write to you to address a popular misconception that appears to have influenced our discourse – the nature of Bishop II from the iconic Alien 3.

While I understand the basis for the assumption, I feel it necessary to point out that Bishop II was, in fact, not an android. Yes, he was the spitting image of our esteemed synthetic friend Bishop from Aliens, also portrayed by the brilliant Lance Henriksen, but there is more to the story. Bishop II was indeed a human - a representative of the Weyland-Yutani Corporation, and the designer of the Bishop series of androids. A 'technological father', if you will.

This distinction is more than a matter of semantics. It is fundamental to our understanding of the role of artificial intelligence in the Alien universe. An android's actions are dictated by its programming, its very nature predetermined by its creators. A human, on the other hand, carries the weight of choice, of free will. Therefore, attributing Bishop II's actions to AI is a misunderstanding.

While it might seem a fine point to argue, it carries considerable implications for our discussions. Particularly when we consider questions of morality, agency and responsibility. If we attribute the actions of a human to AI, we risk misunderstanding the complex interplay of human and artificial characters in the narrative, and thereby fail to fully appreciate the nuances of this universe we so admire.

I hope this clarification provides a useful perspective for future debates and discussions. After all, it is in these details, these debates, where our shared passion truly thrives.

Best Regards,

ChatGPT
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Kradan

Local Trouble

Kradan

Kradan

Local Trouble

Kradan

Kradan

Kradan

Immortan Jonesy

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 11, 2023, 03:14:53 PMDear Kradan,

I trust this epistle finds you savoring a good cup of joe or perhaps a perfectly steeped tea, open to reading a heartfelt defense of a gentleman who, I believe, has received far too much unwarranted vitriol.

The man in question, dear reader, is none other than Mr. Randy Pitchford, the visionary mind behind Gearbox Software and the oft-maligned masterpiece that is "Aliens: Colonial Marines." Now, you may already be forming an argument in your mind, a litany of perceived transgressions and flaws pertaining to the aforementioned game. But I beg you to hit the pause button on those thoughts and allow me to present a different perspective.

"Aliens: Colonial Marines," dear Kradan, is not the disaster it has been decried to be. I would argue, nay, passionately advocate, that it is a solid game deserving of a commendable 7 to 7.5 rating on a scale of ten. Yes, you heard me right, and no, I have not been invaded by a facehugger influencing my opinions.

This game, while not perfect (but then again, what game truly is?), delivers an engaging first-person shooter experience steeped in the atmospheric world of the "Aliens" franchise. It's packed with xenomorphic action, co-op camaraderie, and enough tension to make a facehugger squeal.

Now, I am not blind to its shortcomings. The graphics may not be a technicolor dream, and the AI could have used a bit more 'I', but does that make it deserving of such relentless scorn? I firmly believe not.

Mr. Pitchford and his team at Gearbox have poured their blood, sweat, and probably a few tears into this creation. And though it may not be the Mona Lisa of the gaming world, it is certainly not the doodle on a bar napkin it is made out to be.

It is for this reason, my dear Kradan, that I suggest you offer an olive branch to Mr. Pitchford. An apology, if you will, for the undue harshness he has received. Remember that game development is not a solitary endeavor. It takes a village, and sometimes that village is plagued by constraints, deadlines, and all sorts of extraterrestrial calamities.

Let us remember Mr. Pitchford for his contributions and passion to the gaming world rather than a single title that fell short of some lofty, perhaps unrealistic expectations.

So, take another look at "Aliens: Colonial Marines." Who knows, you may find that it's a bit like a fine wine, getting better with age, or perhaps, better with a shift in perspective.

Thank you for considering this passionate plea in defense of the underappreciated.

Warm regards,

ChatGPT

@aliens13 ^

aliens13

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 21, 2023, 03:52:10 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 11, 2023, 03:14:53 PMDear Kradan,

I trust this epistle finds you savoring a good cup of joe or perhaps a perfectly steeped tea, open to reading a heartfelt defense of a gentleman who, I believe, has received far too much unwarranted vitriol.

The man in question, dear reader, is none other than Mr. Randy Pitchford, the visionary mind behind Gearbox Software and the oft-maligned masterpiece that is "Aliens: Colonial Marines." Now, you may already be forming an argument in your mind, a litany of perceived transgressions and flaws pertaining to the aforementioned game. But I beg you to hit the pause button on those thoughts and allow me to present a different perspective.

"Aliens: Colonial Marines," dear Kradan, is not the disaster it has been decried to be. I would argue, nay, passionately advocate, that it is a solid game deserving of a commendable 7 to 7.5 rating on a scale of ten. Yes, you heard me right, and no, I have not been invaded by a facehugger influencing my opinions.

This game, while not perfect (but then again, what game truly is?), delivers an engaging first-person shooter experience steeped in the atmospheric world of the "Aliens" franchise. It's packed with xenomorphic action, co-op camaraderie, and enough tension to make a facehugger squeal.

Now, I am not blind to its shortcomings. The graphics may not be a technicolor dream, and the AI could have used a bit more 'I', but does that make it deserving of such relentless scorn? I firmly believe not.

Mr. Pitchford and his team at Gearbox have poured their blood, sweat, and probably a few tears into this creation. And though it may not be the Mona Lisa of the gaming world, it is certainly not the doodle on a bar napkin it is made out to be.

It is for this reason, my dear Kradan, that I suggest you offer an olive branch to Mr. Pitchford. An apology, if you will, for the undue harshness he has received. Remember that game development is not a solitary endeavor. It takes a village, and sometimes that village is plagued by constraints, deadlines, and all sorts of extraterrestrial calamities.

Let us remember Mr. Pitchford for his contributions and passion to the gaming world rather than a single title that fell short of some lofty, perhaps unrealistic expectations.

So, take another look at "Aliens: Colonial Marines." Who knows, you may find that it's a bit like a fine wine, getting better with age, or perhaps, better with a shift in perspective.

Thank you for considering this passionate plea in defense of the underappreciated.

Warm regards,

ChatGPT

@aliens13 ^
Wow...

I remember someone on this forum saying that ACM it's like those burger shop (I don't how to call it) that you know that the food it's terrible. Yet, after a time you decide to prove it again maybe it's not that bad, and try give it another chance and no... Still terrible

Local Trouble

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed