What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 600,387 times)

kwisatz

kwisatz

Spoiler
lol
[close]

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I feel like there's an option other than "let violent thugs wild out at everyone else's expense to keep them from shooting/stabbing each other".

But that would require a police force that does anything other than collect revenue on traffic violations and harass greenies while either ignoring or providing private security to actual criminals, and a government that doesn't actively fund the gangs.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 16, 2023, 11:27:40 PMtraffic violations

It's not Mad Max as long as people still respect the no parking zone.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Oh, that's not here, it's in the cities. The handful of cops here do precisely f**k and all, as far as I can tell. They all go home at 5pm as well.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 17, 2023, 04:16:52 AMOh, that's not here, it's in the cities. The handful of cops here do precisely f**k and all, as far as I can tell. They all go home at 5pm as well.

I thought they were supposed to be out at 3am to remind hapless youngsters to always blow on their pies.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Again, I'm sure they do up in Auckland. In Opotiki there's about ten of them and they don't work nights. Despite it being known as the homicide capital of the nation and about 20% of the town population being gang members.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Besides, Mad Max was Australian. I guess New Zealand's rough equivalent would be Sleeping Dogs? But it's a very different beast.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 17, 2023, 07:34:28 AMBesides, Mad Max was Australian. I guess New Zealand's rough equivalent would be Sleeping Dogs? But it's a very different beast.

Being surrounded by violent assholes and useless f**kwits does make me feel like Smith sometimes.

Shinawi

Shinawi

Auckland has changed. Auckland didn't have a severe gang problem when I was there many years ago.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

The entire north island does now, although South Auckland and Bay of Plenty (where I am) are the worst.

Kradan

Kradan

Is it like Predator 2 opening ?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

No. But you'll 100% get mugged if you go outside after dark on foot, and every second person you see is either high on, or coming down from, crystal meth.

SiL

SiL

I was at a birthday for a friend once years ago . Someone dropped a rock of ice on the floor in the bathroom and stepped on it and still sold it for $50 to another guest.

I am not friends with those people any  more.

(And no I did not smoke the ice. Or anything else for that matter. I am as boring as they come.)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

What f**ks me up is the look in their eyes. It's almost milky like an old dead fish. If I were religious I'd absolutely believe meth opened you up to demonic possession.

Kradan

Kradan

Dang. Sounds nightmarish. Stay safe

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed