What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 608,355 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I dunno about anyone else, but I hate when I've been so damn busy, that when I actually just stop, I cannot get started again.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Thought about Game of Thrones for a minute.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Me in the News thread:

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I've been giving a lot of games I either missed out on or skipped at the time a go lately. Probably about ten or so, all of them highly regarded.

The only good one so far is Halo: CE.

Shinawi

Shinawi

I started to notice the limitations of the YouTube algorithm a long time ago. This time, it's suggesting me to watch old videos that I watched years ago. The creators of this algorithm didn't think that people would want to watch something different. I realize that I'm missing out when I'm at my parents' home and watch YouTube on their television. Now I'm back home being bored and trying to remember the different topics to search and watch.

Shinawi

Shinawi

It also bothers me how many YouTubers got demonetized, even the ones who aren't political. So many good YouTubers stopped uploading their content or are relying on other means to gain income through their YouTube videos. YouTube and Google are dominated by close-minded sociopaths. Looking at the type of people they demonetized shows what kind of company Google is. There needs to be a good competitor. The YouTube people remind me of a jealous coworker who spread false rumors about a popular worker and another who achieved better results. That type of jealous worker ruined the unity of my coworkers and ended up ruining the entire business. It also makes me wonder how much of this world is rigged in favor of the lying few.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Gang war brewing in town. The prez of one of the gangs was murdered on friday night, and there's been an arson in retaliation just down the street from me (like, 200 meters or so) - and the police scanner says the cops are expecting more fires tonight.

Then tomorrow, about 300 gangers on bikes are set to roll into town. I'm staying the f**k inside for a few days.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 11, 2023, 09:44:36 AMGang war brewing in town. The prez of one of the gangs was murdered on friday night, and there's been an arson in retaliation just down the street from me (like, 200 meters or so) - and the police scanner says the cops are expecting more fires tonight.

Then tomorrow, about 300 gangers on bikes are set to roll into town. I'm staying the f**k inside for a few days.

Dafukk, stay safe

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: kwisatz on Jun 11, 2023, 11:36:01 PMDafukk

Yeah, this town looks like paradise but is always one bad day away from full Mad Max shit. Sometimes it boils over.

Quotestay safe

Roger roger.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Man, that sounds f**king terrifying.

The lady and I were supposed to be going back to Japan this year, but it just got cancelled. The airlines kept messing about with our flights - 8 changes in 2 days - and meant we needed to adjust our holiday for an extra 2 days. They wanted nearly the same price as the entire holiday for 2 more days. It was not feasible.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 11, 2023, 09:44:36 AMI'm staying the f**k inside for a few days.

Isengard has really gone to shit.  I hope you're stocked up with your usual vices and painting supplies.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 12, 2023, 04:40:11 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 11, 2023, 09:44:36 AMI'm staying the f**k inside for a few days.

Isengard has really gone to shit.  I hope you're stocked up with your usual vices and painting supplies.

Nope. I've got nothing to smoke or drink and the postal service lost the parcel of paint halfway between Auckland and here.

Seriously.

Short video/article about it, but it plays down just how worried people are.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/06/12/fears-of-possible-gang-war-brewing-in-opotiki/

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 11, 2023, 09:44:36 AMGang war brewing in town. The prez of one of the gangs was murdered on friday night, and there's been an arson in retaliation just down the street from me (like, 200 meters or so) - and the police scanner says the cops are expecting more fires tonight.

So, how'd the gang war go?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Just like this...

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Master Chief on Jun 16, 2023, 01:41:37 PMSo, how'd the gang war go?

Pretty much everyone who could afford to evacuated to other places. The schools shut down all week. On the day of the funeral, the police shut down several major roads between here and the crematorium a town over (shut down to the public, so the gangs could do whatever they wanted on them - unfortunately this sort of capitulation is extremely common).

In the end, they were all having too much fun being allowed to do whatever they wanted, including looting several small businesses and clearing out several evacuated homes of all their valuables, to fight each other.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed