kwisatz

kwisatz

Who doesn't?

Spoiler
careful now @Local Trouble
[close]

Gazz

Gazz

The new episode of my show (Popcorn Digest) takes a look at the latest release of Star Trek The Motion Picture. I must warn you, there are discussions containing... surprising bodily ejections included.

https://twitter.com/PopcornDigest/status/1593418245171777537?s=20&t=fnIClrSKWXL5e3JnKUSEdQ

ralfy

ralfy

"William Shatner: My Trip to Space Filled Me With 'Overwhelming Sadness'"

QuoteI continued my self-guided tour and turned my head to face the other direction, to stare into space. I love the mystery of the universe. I love all the questions that have come to us over thousands of years of exploration and hypotheses. Stars exploding years ago, their light traveling to us years later; black holes absorbing energy; satellites showing us entire galaxies in areas thought to be devoid of matter entirely... all of that has thrilled me for years... but when I looked in the opposite direction, into space, there was no mystery, no majestic awe to behold . . . all I saw was death.

It was among the strongest feelings of grief I have ever encountered. The contrast between the vicious coldness of space and the warm nurturing of Earth below filled me with overwhelming sadness. Every day, we are confronted with the knowledge of further destruction of Earth at our hands: the extinction of animal species, of flora and fauna . . . things that took five billion years to evolve, and suddenly we will never see them again because of the interference of mankind. It filled me with dread. My trip to space was supposed to be a celebration; instead, it felt like a funeral.

ace3g

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: ace3g on Jan 18, 2023, 11:23:56 PMhttps://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1615793037375901707

Are they really worth getting though? Unless if you are a hardcore TNG fan, only First Contact is really worth watching, the rest of the TNG movies are...mediocre at best and downright awful if I am not being charitable.

The original 6 movie collection, staring the original crew, has better overall consistency in quality, even if you factor in the odd-even curse. TMP, while a slow borefest with its theatrical release, has been improved substantially with the director's edition in 4K. Even the Final Frontiers, the worst movie in first  6 movie collection, is...surprisingly watchable if you are in the mood (not saying its a good movie in the conventional sense, but you don't really hate it despite all its many flaws).

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I love First Contact, even tho it is so dumb.

ace3g

ace3g

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Kradan

Kradan

Do you see this black void ? Mike Stoklasa's heart used to be there

Immortan Jonesy

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Prez

Prez

Watched (again) the beautiful 4k Director's Edition of Star Trek The Motion Picture.
My fave Star Trek film has never looked or sounded better.

And the Enterprise refit is still my all time favourite starship.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Still need to watch that version; The Motion Picture is my favorite Trek film as well

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed