[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 156,844 times)

Master

How do you rate Predator 2?

SiL

SiL

5/10 or 6/10. Love it.

Master

So, very entertaining yet not exactly well done film?

SiL

SiL

Exactly. Flawed out the asshole but a great ride if you're into that kind of thing.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Predator 2 easily a 10/10

Master

Master

Agreed on that. Some of it's scenes are the best I've ever seen, like Predator walking through water, to get King Willie. Most impresive.

-Edit-

It was the answer for Sil, but since Omega stepped in the middle I think my answer is even more appropriate to his post. For me Predator 2 in 8/10. Hell of a joy ride.

Kradan

I still can't quite recover from an atomic bomb of "Harrigan has no character arc" SiL dropped on us

SiL

SiL

10/10 entertainment 5/10 movie.

Master

Quote from: SiL on Aug 25, 2022, 09:34:47 PM10/10 entertainment 5/10 movie.

That makes it 7,5/10. Just saying  ;)  ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 25, 2022, 09:18:34 PMI still can't quite recover from an atomic bomb of "Harrigan has no character arc" SiL dropped on us
I still disagree with that tbh and even then a movie can be many things and having a character arc is not always necessary. There is such a thing as story-driven

(Harrigan isn't among those to me, but point had to be written)

SiL

SiL

Story driven doesn't mean your characters are absolved from developing. Harrigan doesn't change his behaviour through the entire film. Approaches the climax the same way he approaches the beginning of the movie with nothing learned, no recontextualisation, nothing. Just the same "f**k authority give me my gun" attitude.

Master

He had some development though. He has his own people being slaughtered and he is unable to do anything about it, so when the time comes he defy rules of OWLF and tries to rescue them, even though they were antagonising him half the movie.

SiL

SiL

Harrigan defied orders to save people at the begging of the movie. It's literally how his character is introduced. At no point does he seem willing to let anyone die, even the OWLF guys, so saving them is no development.

The opening and climax are mirrors with nothing learned in between.

Happy to throw this all to the Predator thread too.

Highland

Prey passes the pub test. You take 10 people from a pub you'd probably get about 7 that thought it was a good movie and the other three wouldn't watch that type of movie. I know this because my sister liked it and my mates that aren't Predator fans liked it. So among my small sample size the RT score is right.

None of those people ( absolutely zero) will say things like "The Predator face sucked" or " It didn't make sense that...."

They simply like a movie or don't, they don't ponder how Grey backs Pistol bla bla bla.

Closest I've come to trust is Jeremy Jahns. Even though he's quite a large presence, I feel he nails a lot about whats wrong with things and what's good with things that I would also think. I've never watched something he's watched and been way off in my rating.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Highland on Aug 25, 2022, 11:38:43 PMNone of those people ( absolutely zero) will say things like "The Predator face sucked" or " It didn't make sense that...."

They simply like a movie or don't, they don't ponder how Grey backs Pistol bla bla bla.

Some have already said it before with other Predator-related movies, but after Prey I don't want ADI to make any more Predators  :-X

I really liked the movie, but I think Feral's design is not exactly one of the film's strengths. But casual audiences don't mind as you say, so I imagine more creative experiments to come as usual. I hope I'm wrong though, and I'm still happy anyway because Prey was well received by people. Although some are still angry, almost as if they wanted the movie to fail.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed