[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 150,021 times)

BlueMarsalis79

I'd check but Disney+ only has Theatrical Cuts for some inane reason.

Kailem

Kailem

As far as I recall the only times we've ever seen "Predator vision" were the original film and Predators.

We should have gotten it in Predator 2, but they kinda screwed up there and kept his thermal vision for the POV shots even when City Hunter's mask was off.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 23, 2022, 07:50:32 PMAs far as I recall the only times we've ever seen "Predator vision" were the original films and Predators.

We should have gotten it in Predator 2, but they kinda screwed up there and kept his thermal vision for the POV shots even when City Hunter's mask was off.

City Hunter:

Kailem

Helps keep all that LA smog out of his eyes, no doubt.

BlueMarsalis79

Wait that explains why his eyes look weird up close! Contact lenses!  ;D

ace3g

The Shuriken

Corporal Hicks

My headcanon for the P2 infra-red issue was that the Predators just had implants with different default spectrums programed into them. A fallback in case the helmet came off.

Master

Master

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 24, 2022, 08:51:36 AMMy headcanon for the P2 infra-red issue was that the Predators just had implants with different default spectrums programed into them. A fallback in case the helmet came off.

What about The Predator's Upgrade being able to see things out of perspective of it's own head?  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Same as magical none explainable thing.

SiL

SiL

My headcanon is the ambient temperature of the Jungle was so close to the humans that Jungle Hunter's mask filtered it, and when the mask came off he saw in unfiltered infrared.

Because that's basically what happened.

Corporal Hicks

I believe that was the actual intent behind-the-scenes, yeah.

SiL

SiL

And then in P2 he takes the mask off in the meat locker, with large temperate differences, and in the ship, where low lying water vapour isn't going to register as hot.

They see in infra red with and without the mask, no need for jiggery pokery.

Master

Yeah, that's my take on this situation too. It is also possible, the mist inside the ship was a coolant of some sort, maybe a preparation for hypersleep. Same substance can be seen in AvP in sarcophagus where the Queen was stored.

happypred

The CGI is like a layer of shit

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed