[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 156,814 times)

happypred

The art and practical look better than the shit CGI in the film

happypred

Too bad the CGI face failed to capture the art and just ruined the practical look

BlueMarsalis79

Often that's the way.

BlueMarsalis79

I think it could have improved it if it were just applied to the mandibles though and other subtle touch-ups.

SiL

SiL

I found their CGI touch ups did not help. Before the film came out Dan said they used CGI to enhance anatomy such as seeing his calf muscles move as he walks. When the big closeup of his calves twitching as he walked appeared I thought they should have saved the money.

PAS Spinelli

Wow Wolf looks f**king awful, no wonder the movie was so dark

skull-splitter

IMO, Wolf mostly looks weird because the directors wanted a more shallow face.

skull-splitter

Quote from: SiL on Aug 22, 2022, 08:15:32 PMI found their CGI touch ups did not help. Before the film came out Dan said they used CGI to enhance anatomy such as seeing his calf muscles move as he walks. When the big closeup of his calves twitching as he walked appeared I thought they should have saved the money.
IMO it was a nice detail, but the face... they could have saved some money right there.

SiL

SiL

All it did was draw attention to the cgi calves. I wouldn't have noticed the suit calves moving or not.

Mr.Turok

You know something, I realized something that could have been neat to have again is the maskless red thermal vision. Some extra Predator POV scenes that could have helped to show that the Predator would have a harder time in hunting Naru during the course of the final fight. It just would also be nice to see the red version of the thermal vision again and have this reinforced as canon to refresh the memory of today's audience.

Master

Last time we've seen it (the second time ever?) was in Predators 2010. Not that long ago.

SiL

SiL

Don't we also see it in AvPR with Wolf in the crashed ship?

Master

Not sure. I rarely watch AvP-R. It could have been unrated cut and I've seen it once or twice.

BigDaddyJohn

Maybe in the unrated version, I'm not sure.

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Aug 23, 2022, 10:10:16 AMDon't we also see it in AvPR with Wolf in the crashed ship?

I don't think so

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed