[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 156,745 times)

Kradan

Btw IIRC there was some talk about Steve Wang being involved in this one. Does anybody have details ?

happypred

It's not even cool now

looks shite

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 15, 2022, 06:02:23 PMBtw IIRC there was some talk about Steve Wang being involved in this one. Does anybody have details ?

I think that was some hopefulness out of a few members, but never officially confirmed. I could be wrong though. I don't believe Steve worked on the film at all.

Pu$$yFace

They both look good.  It's just different.  You'll come around eventually.

judge death

Quote from: Pu$$yFace on Aug 15, 2022, 06:14:25 PMYou'll come around eventually.
Never! I still claim john carpenters the thing and alien and aliens still has the best practical gore effects that still freaks one out and looks damn realistic :O

PredBabe

Yeah, I agree that the CGI did not do Feral's face any favors.

I'd say the design looks like Mr. Black's cousin... twice removed. Maybe even inbred.

Pu$$yFace

Feral is very much an ugly muff**ka, just like I like my Pred.  A primal savage.

I don't want a hobo's version of a Stan Winston Pred, especially if you can't pull it off appropriately. 

Catch me off guard with something unique but still retains the essence.

Some people just want the same thing, over and over again.

Stitch

Quote from: Pu$$yFace on Aug 15, 2022, 08:01:43 PMSome people just want the same thing, over and over again.
And some people want something that isn't so different that it's like a different species entirely.

DaddyYautja

Don't like the design but the practical looks better.

SiL

SiL

Like I said in another thread, you can have plenty of creative Predator designs within the established framework. You don't need to reinvent the wheel to innovate.

Pu$$yFace

Quote from: Stitch on Aug 15, 2022, 08:28:50 PM
Quote from: Pu$$yFace on Aug 15, 2022, 08:01:43 PMSome people just want the same thing, over and over again.
And some people want something that isn't so different that it's like a different species entirely.
and that would be hyperbolic as hell.  It's clearly a predator. 

RakaiThwei

Still not a fan of Feral's facial design and take but... Yeah, the practical looks better.

Stitch

Quote from: Pu$$yFace on Aug 15, 2022, 09:30:04 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Aug 15, 2022, 08:28:50 PM
and that would be hyperbolic as hell.  It's clearly a predator. 
A little hyperbolic, maybe, but if you showed a picture of feral's face to someone who hasn't seen Prey, I'm not convinced they'd automatically think it was a predator.

The Shuriken

Quote from: SiL on Aug 15, 2022, 08:31:39 PMLike I said in another thread, you can't have plenty of creative Predator designs within the established framework. You don't need to reinvent the wheel to innovate.

I tried to make that very same point on a different forum. Providing examples that included:

NECA Alpha Predator
Sideshow Collectibles Barbarian Predator
Sideshow Collectibles Bad Blood Predator
Hot Toys Scar 2.0

The person responded with saying they all looked the same. :o

BlueMarsalis79

Some people think all choppers look the same as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed