[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 156,825 times)

SiL

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 14, 2022, 02:43:25 AM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 14, 2022, 01:17:05 AMBut we can explain ADI's designs in the same way - different groups of Predators.
ADIs designs aren't explained tho, they are just there
Feral isn't explained in the movie.

If people can buy it as an explanation here they can buy it as an explanation there.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Aug 14, 2022, 02:44:31 AM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 14, 2022, 01:17:05 AMBut we can explain ADI's designs in the same way - different groups of Predators.

If people can buy it as an explanation here they can buy it as an explanation there.

Will you put a Feral in your movie to appease all the Prey fans?

BlueMarsalis79

ADI's previous Predator designs had aspects that made them look outright fake, especially in comparison to prior iterations in Predator and Predator 2 particularly or even Predators' Berserker, Prey despite the design departure does not have this issue.

Simply put: Scar, Wolf, Crucified, Fugitive, look bad with the mask off... whether that's being goofy looking by widely missing the mark at attempting being a handsome looking alien fellow, (see Garrus Vakarian for a good example) bobble headed, being apparently slack jawed, rubbery looking, having multiple skin folds around the mandibles or all of the above.

Scary boy:

Handsome boy Garrus Vakarian:

Feral looks good with the mask on but just looks different with the mask off. He does not have any of the above type of issues that take me out of the film. His crime's being ugly.

Immortan Jonesy

I'm glad Feral doesn't have Scar's pretty eyes.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 14, 2022, 02:46:00 AM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 14, 2022, 02:44:31 AM

Will you put a Feral in your movie to appease all the Prey fans?

He should include a sasquatch to really please everyone.

Necronomicon II

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Aug 13, 2022, 07:56:30 AMI'm not sure if anyone has seen this yet but Dan DiLiegro posted what the mask looks like on the underside the other day on his Instagram page.

I like it too.
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 14, 2022, 12:44:06 AMFor sure. The aesthetics are contentious. It one hundred percent succeeded in making me have a recoiling reaction to his face though.

They're supposed to be ugly mofos. 😂

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 14, 2022, 03:06:05 AMADI's previous Predator designs had aspects that made them look outright fake, especially in comparison to prior iterations in Predator and Predator 2 particularly or even Predators' Berserker, Prey despite the design departure does not have this issue.
He looks plenty fake. It's just CGI fakeness, not rubber fakeness.

Gilfryd

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 14, 2022, 01:35:08 AM
Quote from: Gilfryd on Aug 13, 2022, 09:27:16 PMI still don't think we've returned to that Predator 1/2 sweet spot just yet -
and neither should we

?

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 14, 2022, 03:06:05 AMHis crime's being ugly.

Since when is it bad for a Predator ? That's like their trademark feature

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Gilfryd on Aug 14, 2022, 04:57:57 AM?
Let's give content creators some liberty instead of always asking for reskins and recolors. The Daleks, the Cybermen etc haven't always looked the precise same, and neither has the Alien or Godzilla. Feral being different -- AND well done -- is a good thing

the SWS Preds should only return if (god make this happen) they show the P2 tribe again. God I'd love that

Kradan

Amen

BlueMarsalis79

Looks pretty damn real to me.

And again has none of the issues of the prior ADI Predators.

Rex

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 14, 2022, 11:19:02 AMLooks pretty damn real to me.
https://64.media.tumblr.com/7f0647392931ec0f4738938b843b7e2e/b6ab87a73a65bfda-69/s540x810/c8300591548f15057c421d938088a9fef001af58.gif
And again has none of the issues of the prior ADI Predators.

I disagree, for me the CG face takes me out of the movie a lot more than the slight goofiness of ADI's designs. Though I suppose it's a matter of preference between goofy practical effect vs goofy cg effect

On the face itself though, I don't think the issue is that it's ugly, or even different. It's more that the changes made to the design lead to it only vaguely resembling a Predator. When it's mouth is wide open roaring, it's passable I suppose, but when it's mouth and mandibles are closed it doesn't quite look like the Predator.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Rex on Aug 14, 2022, 11:57:17 AMonly vaguely resembling a Predator.
Big forehead, scaly skin, four mandibles connected with membranous tissue, crazy hungry eyes

it looks plenty like a Predator - whether the look works for your tastes is another question

BigDaddyJohn

Very mixed about him honestly. You know it's a predator, just as much as you could feel him be something else. Weird feeling.

Rex

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 14, 2022, 12:10:56 PM
Quote from: Rex on Aug 14, 2022, 11:57:17 AMonly vaguely resembling a Predator.
Big forehead, scaly skin, four mandibles connected with membranous tissue, crazy hungry eyes

it looks plenty like a Predator - whether the look works for your tastes is another question

Don't get me wrong, it's got the features of the Predator's face, but Godzilla 1998 also had Godzilla's dorsal plates, dinosaurian appearance, etc. Bit of an extreme example, but my point remains

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed