10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 155,789 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It's not. I adore Predator 2 it's a fun movie, but to be pretentious here, Prey and Predator are films.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I watched Predator 2 last night.  It has not aged well.  I don't get why they decided to go for Verhoeven-style camp and satire.  The first movie was fairly grounded and serious by comparison.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 13, 2022, 09:06:23 PMI watched Predator 2 last night.  It has not aged well.  I don't get why they decided to go for Verhoeven-style camp and satire.  The first movie was fairly grounded and serious by comparison.
If you don't think Predator 2 has aged well wait 30 years and watch prey then you gonna see what aging means. The cgi already looks terrible for a movie made in 2022. Back when predator 2 came out everything looked great compared to Prey.

newagescamartist

newagescamartist

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Aug 13, 2022, 08:38:30 PMYeah because everything Predator after it has been worst and worst. And when you have something even more worst than the previous thing it makes that thing look better.
Pred 2 is a 100% better than prey. 

Agreed. Predator 2 is still the strongest sequel, but Prey breaks the cycle of diminishing returns big time which is really nice too see. Gives me faith this franchise still has a lot of life left. And it's connecting with an entirely new audience which is exciting.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 13, 2022, 09:01:52 PMIt's not. I adore Predator 2 it's a fun movie, but to be pretentious here, Prey and Predator are films.

Once again, it's not for you, but for some of us it's much better than prey.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It is absolutely for me I love it to bits, I just think it is overhyped like Aliens frankly.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 13, 2022, 09:17:04 PMIt is absolutely for me I love it to bits, I just think it is overhyped like Aliens frankly.

The Jamaica pose, Voodoo Magic, king Willie, predator in town, skinned bodies hanging, come on now...

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yes I love all that stuff, I still think Prey's a much better film, both things can be completely true.

newagescamartist

newagescamartist

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 13, 2022, 09:06:23 PMI watched Predator 2 last night.  It has not aged well.  I don't get why they decided to go for Verhoeven-style camp and satire.  The first movie was fairly grounded and serious by comparison.

That's what I love about it. Those little moments add up. El Scorpio with the coke face tweeking out and the subway businessman pulling his gun out at the gang felt right out of Robocop, and it's just perfect late 80s/early 90s pulp. I get why people would rank Prey higher than Predator 2 now, but there's just something about that first sequel lol.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Don't get me wrong: I still think P2 is a better Predator movie than Prey.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: newagescamartist on Aug 13, 2022, 09:35:22 PM

That's what I love about it. Those little moments add up. El Scorpio with the coke face tweeking out and the subway businessman pulling his gun out at the gang felt right out of Robocop, and it's just perfect late 80s/early 90s pulp. I get why people would rank Prey higher than Predator 2 now, but there's just something about that first sequel lol.

El scorpio is also in the first predator movie.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 13, 2022, 09:36:30 PMDon't get me wrong: I still think P2 is better Predator movie than Prey.

Now that's what's up👌🏽

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Rose tinted glasses I genuinely think.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 13, 2022, 09:50:56 PMRose tinted glasses I genuinely think.

The good ol days 😎

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah the fact some old heads think that without irony.

SiL

SiL

I think Prey is a better movie.

But I'd rather watch P2.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed