[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 156,746 times)

Master

Quote from: SiL on Aug 06, 2022, 05:51:18 AMThe masks always supplied gases. Removing them always involved unplugging what we assume is life support.

Like presumably they can manage without but it's not ideal.

It's been gone a while now, hasn't it?

Last time we've seen it was in AvP-r (2007)

The Shuriken

After finally seeing the movie, Feral's face really is a disservice to the rest of the design. He looks so cool with the mask on and everything. But once it comes off, damn it.

GQSioux

I don't mind it. Sort of gives me Neanderthal Predator vibes.

Master

So, I just finished the movie and took my time to read all the replies in this thread, because I do love good creature design. Unfortunately the one we got here isn't good. Goofy,that's what comes in my mind first and I'm  not talking about unmasked face only. While mask of this Predator is probably one of the best, all else is more in ok. region. I mean, why oh why with every another film we are getting less and less of what Predator desing used to be? No netting, no pressure cables, no hair brides, no small skull amulets even though creature gather allot of small skulls in between. Don't get me wrong, I do like allot too, like shield, war club, wristblades and hi mag cross bow, but those are weapons and not part of intended look for the monster. Face is miss for me and far miss as it is. In my head canon this one is from Superpredator subspecies (even mask with attached skull on it adds to the all evidence above).

SiL

The way his head sticks out reminds me way too much of the original, original Predator design. Dude's neck is long.

Master

Yep it is. Also, the hypertelorism and angled   eye placement gives some of the early Winston concept vibe ( and Superpredator too).

The Shuriken

Quote from: Master on Aug 08, 2022, 11:21:52 PMYep it is. Also, the hypertelorism and angled   eye placement gives some of the early Winston concept vibe ( and Superpredator too).

See now that I've seen Feral in HD, I don't see the resemblance to the Mr. Black anymore.

Master

En face he is plain ulgy but form side has alot of Superpredator features like back trimmed dreadlocks and those characteristic depressions.

Feral_PRED

Feral_PRED

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 08, 2022, 09:00:49 AMI f**king love Feral while he's masked. Easily one of my top 3 favourite movie masks. I really do not like his unmasked looks.

Same for me. I thought it would grow on me after a couple viewings but it didn't.

The forehead is way too pronounced for my taste and the eyes makes it look kind of dumb.

But with the mask on, it totally works.
I would almost prefer if we didn't have a face reveal in this one.

pmaz11

Quote from: Master on Aug 08, 2022, 09:49:48 PMSo, I just finished the movie and took my time to read all the replies in this thread, because I do love good creature design. Unfortunately the one we got here isn't good. Goofy,that's what comes in my mind first and I'm  not talking about unmasked face only. While mask of this Predator is probably one of the best, all else is more in ok. region. I mean, why oh why with every another film we are getting less and less of what Predator desing used to be? No netting, no pressure cables, no hair brides, no small skull amulets even though creature gather allot of small skulls in between. Don't get me wrong, I do like allot too, like shield, war club, wristblades and hi mag cross bow, but those are weapons and not part of intended look for the monster. Face is miss for me and far miss as it is. In my head canon this one is from Superpredator subspecies (even mask with attached skull on it adds to the all evidence above).

Well put on a lot of points there Master, got similar feelings here for sure. I would elaborate again on all the small changes that the future films have done to the creature design. Mainly the face design, which feels like the argument always. However, as much as I myself will try to find I guess the silver lining with every new interpretation. They did enough well & new with the Predator design overall. (Plus, the action sequences with the French fur traders near the end was very fun to watch). Felt like the Predator had more agility and power than previous ones, and without too much of the guy in a suit feel either.

Anyways, it is funny how we always get a number of good changes with the Predator and yet, we always can't be satisfied with the faces mostly :P All the more reason why (again), we got so close to another new fan favorite design hopefully, but had to fall short on the face...

*I'll still vouch for the classic Predator design in the film Predators, which was a nice repeat of the original IMO. Also, now I can appreciate more of the intricate details of others like Berserker & Wolf even. Their mandibles might have not been perfect/other issues, but I still like the certain touches they got overall.

The Shuriken

Jungle Hunter saw perfectly fine without his mask against Dutch. Not a disadvantage at all to him.

SiL

... is that a joke?

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: The Shuriken on Aug 09, 2022, 01:46:04 AMJungle Hunter saw perfectly fine without his mask against Dutch. Not a disadvantage at all to him.
Is this ironic, I couldn't tell shit apart when he took it off

The Shuriken

Quote from: SiL on Aug 09, 2022, 02:24:17 AM... is that a joke?

....no? At what point did it look like Jungle Hunter was having a hard time seeing Dutch while fist fighting him? He completely dominated Dutch without his mask. He definitely wasn't impaired.

Or do I need to rewatch that fight? ???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed