10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 155,758 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 08, 2022, 06:20:04 PMAnd in reply to the post directly above, no Alien³ was always good, it mainly got loudly whined about by Americans when it came out and that's not changed whereas everyone I meet in real life actually likes it.

They'll never get over Hicks and Newt

dnicholson277

dnicholson277

Quote from: Huntsman on Aug 07, 2022, 01:50:42 PM
Quote from: dnicholson277 on Aug 07, 2022, 11:03:02 AMNone of the Predators survive their hunts against humans. This Predators are amazing hunters is in our heads.
I'd like that to change for at least one future film. Because we all know how the films end by this point.

The Predator could have been ran off by some back up from the Commanches while wounded. Sets up that Humans are cagey and to bring plasma casters next time

D-13

D-13

Well it's not just that.
It's that David Fincher wasen't allowed to do the movie he wanted.
The setting with prisoners is just all wrong - I don't f**king care... kill them xeno, plz!
Killing the hero's from the previous, that also Jim Cameron said about Prometheus/covenant, was
realy something he would never do... (goodbye, john connor...)

When I think of it, Prey and Alien3 is pretty similar...
Forgettable characters - check! all prisoners/all indians... and some minor french fodder you diden't care about either.)
Simple "Jason/Friday the 13th" plot (as someone discribed it.)
"The predator isen't a predator any more/the Alien isent an Alien anymore"-debate it.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Can we keep things on topic please, plenty of other places to discuss that particular "film".  ;) Need to give Prey a rewatch in a few days time, when I'm somewhere a bit more Wi-Fi friendly. Is the Comanche dub a Hulu exclusive or can you get it on Disney + too?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah they are pretty similar though, they get similar criticisms that do not jive with me, and I loved both.

D-13

D-13

Agree. And I actually enjoyed Prey... was waaaaay over my expectations.
Sure one can alway's see flaws, but I tried to enjoy it and not think too much about the details...
was a good movie... simple and on the point with a pre-historic Yautja that probably belong to a diffrent tribe then we've seen before... hence why it act and look diffrent...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 08, 2022, 06:32:03 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 08, 2022, 06:20:04 PMAnd in reply to the post directly above, no Alien³ was always good, it mainly got loudly whined about by Americans when it came out and that's not changed whereas everyone I meet in real life actually likes it.

They'll never get over Hicks and Newt

That's because it upset people.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 08, 2022, 07:25:57 PMThat's because it upset people Americans

Like Blue said, I too have never met anyone IRL who had seen it and wasn't neutral to positive in their opinions on it.

JokersWarPig2

JokersWarPig2

Quote from: D-13 on Aug 08, 2022, 07:20:53 PMAgree. And I actually enjoyed Prey... was waaaaay over my expectations.

Yeah, after seeing it my hesitation to it doesn't seem fair. Even with my gripes its still a good movie and would have been worth the cost of admission if it'd been a theatrical release

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 08, 2022, 07:35:34 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 08, 2022, 07:25:57 PMThat's because it upset people Americans

Like Blue said, I too have never met anyone IRL who had seen it and wasn't neutral to positive in their opinions on it.

Yeah, we have hipsters here too.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

"It had a great atmosphere but was a bit hard to follow" seems to be the most common take, and is hardly a hipster-ish "well akshually".

SiL

SiL

I've never met anyone who liked it.

Rankles75

Rankles75

46% on Rotten Tomatoes, and I've never met anyone who liked it either. But that's by the by, this is a Prey thread (currently over 90% on RT) so not relevant.  :D

Kradan

Kradan

Predator 2 is 30 %. You see how using RT as a proof of anything kinda doesn't work ?

SiL

SiL

I dunno, seems accurate for a niche schlock movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed