[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 150,053 times)

newagescamartist

Quote from: SiL on Aug 06, 2022, 02:46:08 AMBetween that and not knowing how his gear worked I do wonder if he's the special Ed kid they thought they were dropping off in a nice easy place with rabbits and snakes and realised too late he was in trouble.

I love this comment so much. He was kind of special wasn't he?

Local Trouble

Would it be accurate to classify this design as a crabator?

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: El Diablo on Aug 06, 2022, 09:19:29 AM
Spoiler
I spoke with someone who worked on the film and they mentioned that there were slight cracks designed in the mask that were originally going to glow from within like burning embers. This was achieved through a practical effect using LED light strips but the look was ultimately discarded by the director. I personally like the idea of this bone faceplate pulsing with energy from the tech it houses underneath. They did also mention there was more detail to Feral's equipment that didn't make it into the movie, like his medpack (which would light up and was a functional practical effect). If this ever gets a Blu-Ray release I would love to see more of the work that went into creating him. The folks at ADI did a bang-up job.
[close]
I think you see this effect when he's covered in bear blood. Noticed a glow beneath the blood on my last watch. I dig the idea myself.

Darkseed

More like a Horsetor
Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 07, 2022, 12:45:38 AMWould it be accurate to classify this design as a crabator?

SiL

So who's up for saying this is how female Predators look?

Because why the heck not?

Local Trouble

I thought female Predators had big boobs, long eyelashes and wear lipstick.  All the fanart I've seen bears this out.

Billiken

The only Predators I love are city hunter and jungle hunter. The rest are hit and miss. I only collect from first 2 movies.

BigDaddyJohn

With those BTS pictures he does look even more different from a "classic" predator than in the movie IMO.

CANNON

Quote from: Turtle Boy on Aug 07, 2022, 12:21:49 AMI fully agree with what Cannon has stated here. The Predator's design, especially his face, is not only iconic to the franchise; but to the memories of hard core fandom. It is indeed insulting to the hard work and revolutionary vision of Stan Winston, being that they completely altered the Predator's features to the degree of non-recognition. Now don't get me wrong; I am all for different versions of the design; whether that be adding or subtracting features to keep the appearance fresh and new, but this was nearly a completely different creature; and the CGI aspects were quite laughable unfortunately. It was very difficult for myself to accept this blatant atrocity - while watching, what ended up to be, a very good film. The damn Predator's neck even looked ridiculous. The thing stuck out like a roasted duck or something; and his fingers looked like fat pickles. They ruined his hair, they distorted his mandibles, and they made him look like a gears of war monster from 2006. The worst thing were the eyes. They were too far apart, i'm sorry; but i'm also not sorry. I like turtles...

Agreed, and well said.

skull-splitter

Quote from: El Diablo on Aug 06, 2022, 09:19:29 AM
Spoiler
I spoke with someone who worked on the film and they mentioned that there were slight cracks designed in the mask that were originally going to glow from within like burning embers. This was achieved through a practical effect using LED light strips but the look was ultimately discarded by the director. I personally like the idea of this bone faceplate pulsing with energy from the tech it houses underneath. They did also mention there was more detail to Feral's equipment that didn't make it into the movie, like his medpack (which would light up and was a functional practical effect). If this ever gets a Blu-Ray release I would love to see more of the work that went into creating him. The folks at ADI did a bang-up job.
[close]
Such a big med kit and not used once... But seriously, I would like to see what went in the design phases.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: overthere on Aug 06, 2022, 11:08:23 PMBut Feral is technically the old version and Stan's version is the modern one, because Feral is 400 years ago.
Because Romans 2000 years ago looked radically different than modern day man...

Quote from: demoncarnotaur on Aug 06, 2022, 07:42:39 PMYou can really appreciate how much of a departure it is with these pics

https://i.imgur.com/XmuU8e4.jpeg
It almost looks like an animal from the same planet the shares evolutionary lineage, but is not the same species at all -- like humans to primates
Is it weird that I actually like this version better than how it ended up on screen?

BigDaddyJohn

It is used once.

Kradan

Yeah, was nice to see Predator stitching up himself again

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on Aug 07, 2022, 06:54:15 AMSo who's up for saying this is how female Predators look?

Because why the heck not?

@[cancerblack] actually headcanoned that's the Berserkers, put the differences down to sexual dymorphism and Captive was strung up, actually for reproductive purposes...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed